Quantcast

anti fixed gearhipster/scenster stickers?

Oct 8, 2008
Maryland
Anyone know of produced anti fixed gear scene, hipster anti hipster-hipster or scenster stickers?

I searched around and only found clothing, I'm half temped to start small batch production. I've got a few simple and clean designs layed out and im quite sure they'd sell quick.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
thats pretty funny how you posted that, my friend called me last night to tell me he just bought a green machine to restore.
How do you restore a green machine? Fab some new wheels out of a bock of plastic? Just buy a new one, it's not like the suspension system has changed over the years.

They actually DO make them like they used to.

Oct 8, 2008
Maryland
collectors of all that is old and 80's

Anywho back on track, I just forwarded a text to friends and they're all about it so it looks like I'll be get some printed once Im happy with the final design.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Hating on "hipsters" is even more counter-productive than a culture established primarily on irony and rehashing of old ideas.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
image:
silohuette of a wobbly fixie rider trying o track stand.

Text:
Look like you need to shift!
-------------------------------
image:
simple rear derailler graphic

Text:
you know you miss it

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
Must spread these around Manhattan and brooklyn coffee shops. Can you make one that says hipster h8 and there will be the picture of the hipster walking his fixie.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Once again the damn hipsters are giving a particular type of bike a black eye. Don't put down an entire scene, sure hipsters suck, but there are parts of the fixed gear scene that are quite good. The racing part of the fixed gear scene is good and has a long history behind it. I'm not talking about critical mass' or Alley Cat racing. Track racing is a blast to take part in. There, geared bikes are not allowed to participate in mass start events, but are allowed to around cat 4 with TT.

When I do ride my track bike on the road, I do run a brake on it and ride in a responsible manner. As far as missing deraillieurs, can't miss what you don't like. Never like deraillieurs, even when I ran my mtb geared.