Quantcast

Antidote - new DH frame from Poland

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Guys, there is something new coming to DH world from Poland.
I don't know details, but some guys created an interesting frame.
Antidote web-site in in English, so you can read few words about it.
http://www.foride.eu/
How do you like it?
I am not anyhow connected to the company. I am just curious.

What I know, some top Polish riders have been testin' it on Cote d'Azure (southern French cost). So more info will be out, soon. I also heard about a promo clip.

Last edited:

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
djivotno, it seems, indeed, there is no much space between ProPedal knob and S/T. But, it may be some proto on the pic.
As far as I understand the design, the shock is compressed from both ends, so theoritically, top end should move away from the tube...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The claimed weight is to be below 3.5kg. Rumors say it will be the lightest frame on the market (not only the polish one ;) ).
Info should be soon.

BTW. I thought Artur would post it here ;)

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
I really like the looks of it... Clean layout.

There really should be a hose coming off the DHX to check air pressure though. (They say to check it every ride. LOL.) Maybe a reservoir like they put on DHX's for Turners a few years back...

Matchew

Monkey
May 26, 2006
NH / Mass (ugh)
I really like the look of that, anxious to hear how it rides.

The only Issues that I can e-spot would be the lower roller of that chain guide hanging out pretty low but that may be just the way they have it set up for the pictures. Also, as previously stated the adjustments on the shock look hard to get to.

fluider

Monkey
Jun 25, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
I love the techno industrial look and I'm glad there's an increasing number of bike designers even in central EU. But I find foride.eu web site a bit confusing, moreover when it is design studio web site.

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
Looks very nice indeed! The suspension is a lot like this new Propain bike out of Germany:

They are both getting around the VPP patent in a pretty clever way, we'll see if Santa Cruz agrees. I reckon you might not see them in the states...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Looks very nice indeed! The suspension is a lot like this new Propain bike out of Germany:

They are both getting around the VPP patent in a pretty clever way, we'll see if Santa Cruz agrees. I reckon you might not see them in the states...
The upper shock mount and shock angle is totally different than SC.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I really dig the look, but like the commentary on glittermag, i'm not thrilled with the idea of hyper-light bike frames. a little extra strength is just fine...that middle ground is where I'd like my next frame to be.

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
The upper shock mount and shock angle is totally different than SC.
I'm not really a patent expert but I don't think the SC patent defines shock angle...

The SC patent is largely defined by counter rotating links. It does however define the shock mount to the front triangle, which is what I see is the main difference in both the Propain and the Antidote.

I've only ever seen the one VPP patent though...I reckon there may be more than one covering different shock layouts.

Not sure about SC's European patent coverage TBH...

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Some additional pics/drawings

So, there is a part of the bottom link that moves around the BB tube? Interesting...

ciszewski

Monkey
Aug 7, 2008
Brockville
So does this thing have 2 axle paths? It seems as though the top link is free to move backward, giving it a more race/rearward axle path and forward giving it a more verticle path. hmm, if it doesn't, I have a decent idea. Oh and also I now have a patent, aha, it's mine...

TWeerts

Monkey
Jan 7, 2007
The Area Bay
does the chainguide move with that lower link? that would be kinda neat...the lower roller would stay tucked up out of the way of rock/logs and other stuff you might hit deep into the stroke.

also, they could just turn that shock around, and provide a fender to keep it clean.