Quantcast

Any 303 user at here?

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
rides great..amazingly supple and pedals better than any dh bike Ive had. Perfect race geo. stiff. really fast and fun to ride.
SPAM...selling one if anybody is interested...

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
303's are sick. I love mine. Mine will be up for sale in the fall.

This bike just wants to go faster and faster. It's more fun to ride each time you get on it.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
I was going to buy a 303, but YETI stopped ProDealin them. My cousin races on in Colorado. They say there selling to many bikes. They want to stay a small company.

Matchew

Monkey
May 26, 2006
NH / Mass (ugh)
The bike is ridiculously fast. Ive got 4 races on it and i couldn't be happier. The frame is a little heavy but it pedals and rides so well that you don't notice it. Do Not let anyone tell you that the rails clog up or are sticky in dust or mud, because i have raced mine in some of the muddiest conditions possible and it was butta.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
i know someone who has an 888 works on his. i have sat on it and it feels way to plush for me. also that kid is always working on the rails. he will never admit he hates doing it but his brother tells me about his fits when hes alone with his bike in the garage.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i think the white 888 looks the best...anyways, it seems like a total dream bike, there was a group of about 4 riders that all had them when I was on my trip in Bootleg, the bike seems really plush but very sprintable too. They said that they loved the bike so far, as long as you wiped down the rails after each messy ride it stayed relatively maintenance free. I think it would be a wildly popular bike if Yeti could drop the price a bit, but the price also helps it achieve dream bike status.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Other than that day that your swingarm almost fell off at Bountifu
true. A small aluminum part that was underdesigned broke within a week. All 303 should have the new piece by now.

To Yeti's credit, I broke my part a Thursday morning, by Friday afternoon I had received a new one (with the newer stronger design)!!!!

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
you actually never have to touch the rails themselves...you just squirt a little grease into the car and it flushes out all the nasty ness.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
I don't know about him, but the ONLY people here in aus that run manitou both ends are those that are sponsored by them and are therefore forced to run them.

And even those guys will be running a borrowed boxxer/888 every third race after the travis blows up and awaits replacement.

:busted:

Flat Out

Chimp
Dec 5, 2006
santa croooz
I have been riding the 2007 Yeti 303 for about a month now. The Geo. is spot on, rear ward axle path, and just feel right when your sitting on it.

I have ridden it in the mud a few times and havent noticed any grinding in the rails at all, smooth as when I got it. There are guards that clear anything from going into the cars. After a wet ride or after riding it for a few weeks in the dry you just shoot some grease into the grease port cleaning the bearings and keeping it smooth, really very easy.

Its alittle heavier than some dh frames, but the weight is centered low in the frame keeping it nimble and cornering great. People that I let parking lot test it say theres no way its 43.50lbs. By race season it will be around 42-42.50lbs. which is real good with the sturdy built I have on it. As long as you check the bike as you would any other bike you wont have any problems. I am stoked on it and can't wait for race season to start. I will try and get pics later.

Flat Out

Chimp
Dec 5, 2006
santa croooz
Flat out - what lighter parts are you running than cmb2874? Or are you just using a friendlier scale? ;)
Nah my scale is dead on haha. Now the bike is 43.49 but I can make it low-mid 42's with ti spring, lighter brakes, truvativ oct cranks, Gamut P30, 36t ring, etc... just overall the parts are lighter check it out...

Murphy's Law

Monkey
Apr 29, 2006
Raleighwood NC
I've got mine sitting at 44.9 lbs but the way this bike rides, you don't notice it being a bit on the heavy side. i couldn't be happier with the way this bike rides.