Quantcast

any ever use a 2015 RS sektor gold?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Want my trusted XFusion Vengeance set to 150mm? :brows: 36mm stanchions (IIRC), sealed cartridge damper with HSC/LSC/LSR dials, tapered steerer, 20mm TA, air spring.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Because I'm trying to see how much of a budget i can build this bike with.

$?
“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

― John Ruskin

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I have one in the garage I believe, like any RS product, if you get one that is made properly it will work fine.
The one I have was smoother than my 2010 MoCo Totem and near new Lyrik a friend gave me to make less shit. I put a Solo Air spring in the Lyrik which made it better but it was still deemed to shit to use so it was replaced with a well used X-Fusion Vengeance coil and my friend was very happy with that.

I think I will go back to X-Fusion forks myself, my Suntour Durolux has ~50 gentle hours on it and the bushings have as much play as my Vengeance did when I threw it out. I wish there was a Metric coil, I'd be all over it!

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Shit, I've got a 2015 Lyrik 26" @170mm (you could easily drop it to whatever you want) with the upgraded Charger damper, tapered steerer*.

Cheeeeeaaaaaap. Like, enough to cover shipping and a good case of beer cheap.

*tapered steerer is a hair over 6" long is the issue...

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
I can't ask much for that thing, something like $50 + shipping maybe?
Is it 27.5? Is there such thing as a 20 to 15mm TA reducer/adapter for it? I found one for Fox.

Shit, I've got a 2015 Lyrik 26" @170mm (you could easily drop it to whatever you want) with the upgraded Charger damper, tapered steerer*.

Cheeeeeaaaaaap. Like, enough to cover shipping and a good case of beer cheap.

*tapered steerer is a hair over 6" long is the issue...
I need 27.5

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Is it 27.5? Is there such thing as a 20 to 15mm TA reducer/adapter for it? I found one for Fox.

I need 27.5
Oh. Dear me. Cue the hand-wringing. Perhaps your bitch ass should have mentioned that. ( yes I get that 27.5 is more or less the de-facto standard but....)

Peeps are trying to help you out with cheap Forks. Don't shit on them.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Thoughts?
it's absoluely fine if you just like riding bikes and aren't massively bothered about having 400 RM pages worth of tech talk discussing how the oil to flows from one part to another inside.
feels a lot like an OG PIKE to ride.
Which we all found just fine in 2005 when some of us still rode DH.

John Rushkin had the same bike as me

Last edited: