Quantcast

Any further reviews from Mongoose EC-D owners?

NuckaMan

Chimp
Dec 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
Hi all-

I'm a long time lurker and decided to register and ask about the Mongoose EC-D.

I'm about to go ahead and get one myself and wanted to hear from folks around here who ride one and ask them what they think so far.

So far, it's been hard to find some honest negitive reviews about them so that must be a good thing.

How is Mongoose Corp. about helping out with a troubled frame or parts?

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
There was a pretty detailed thread just a few days ago about it.

Cons: Not very plush, a little flexy, possible long term hardware problems.

Pros: Everything else.

That pretty much sums it up.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
yeah i started that post. i still on the ropes a bit it i what to get it or the GTi pro.

the ECD def has the better parts but the GTi pro seems that have a better frame. i know that is cost GT a tom of money to make that frame.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
ec-d ftw, fyuck flexy. hardware is an issue, but whatever dealer you go through can get whatever you need. ec-d does everything, although huck is bad for the soul

NuckaMan

Chimp
Dec 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
I dropped for one last night. Brought it home and just took it a spin around the block a few times to check it out. I will take it to some dirt this weekend.
Seems like a really solid build of a bike. I did read numerous times about the flexing in the rear, I'm not too concerned about it though. I don't have the skills of Eric Carter so it won't effect my riding too much.
I did get one of the earlier versions without the removeable dropout, you think Mongoose will replace it for me?

Sir Crackien-I did read the thread you started, it was really informative except when it got really deep into suspension design stuff, I kinda tuned out when it came to that.

Apr 28, 2006
North White Plains, NY
Pacific (they own GT, Schwinn & Mongoose) has been fantastic for me when it comes to parts for either myself or customers at the shop. Other than the little issues regarding flex and not being plush you won't find any truly negative reviews on the thing other than perhaps the people that say it sucks just because it's a Mongoose.

Comparing it to the DHi pro.....well they will ride pretty similar, except the DHi's shock is attached directly to the swingarm which means a bit more linear shock curve. But keep in mind the way the suspension moves on both is nearly identical. The EC-D's parts list though definatley poos all over the DHi's especially considering the difference in price.