Quantcast

Any groms out there going to the Snowshoe Camp?

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I am wondering if any kids/groms/teenages/young adults are going to the snowshoe downhill camp this summer. I am not too sure what age group it will mainly be, but I am 15 and I plan on going.

I doubt many groms read this board anyway.......... :rolleyes:

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
i was thinkin about it, but i think im just gonna go for a week and ride with the pack but u never no. the only reason i reall wanted to is because my parents would not feel they have to be there in the hotel room all week.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Which one are you thinking about? Id prefer to go to the early one and stay for monster park, but my riding friends will be outa town so the second may be better

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Turns out that me and a-ron from here in w-s are gonna go fort the first camp and then stick around and ride some and check out Monster Park until July 4th. Should be sick

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
formermtboarder said:
one of them is 16 one is 15 ur prob better than both combine (o alex aarons RM name is craky)
Thanks Buck...just so you know i did both the big drops at the fishin hole today...you know, the ones you havent done...

Ya, but I'm 16, my name is Alex, and I'll be riding an 04 silver big hit. I cant wait to go!

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
was gonna go but snow shoe doesnt have pick ups from the airport and there is no way in hell i can fit a bike in a normal taxi

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
oscerthegrouch said:
was gonna go but snow shoe doesnt have pick ups from the airport and there is no way in hell i can fit a bike in a normal taxi
That sucks

I would offer you a ride but Im going with my friend and his family...

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
escapeartist said:
Thanks Buck...just so you know i did both the big drops at the fishin hole today...you know, the ones you havent done...

Ya, but I'm 16, my name is Alex, and I'll be riding an 04 silver big hit. I cant wait to go!
that was predrops, and u still nvr did the big pallet gap...

'i cant do the drops w/o a big bike!' (me mumbling)

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
formermtboarder said:
that was predrops, and u still nvr did the big pallet gap...

'i cant do the drops w/o a big bike!' (me mumbling)
yes, he did the pallet drop like three times. And as for the hardtail thing, that is just a cheap way out of it. I hit that drop over and over again my hardtail yesterday. And wash your gloves.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
motomike said:
yes, he did the pallet drop like three times. And as for the hardtail thing, that is just a cheap way out of it. I hit that drop over and over again my hardtail yesterday. And wash your gloves.
Ahahaha, somebody just got told. For the record though Buck's talking about the jump at the top with the pallat landing, the one that was completely changed and made 5 feet shorter, so even if i wanted to hit it now i couldnt. And as for the big bike thing, Buck I though you were too 'core for a big bike. I seem to remember hearing you say that no one needs full suspension and everything could be done on a hardtail...? You even said that if you went to Whistler you'd buy a DC fork for your hardtail instead of renting one of their full squishes. Oh and you really do needta wash your gloves, and your grips becasue of your gloves for that matter...

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Oscar, check out the snowshoe website, on the camp page it says that there will be a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Mike, call them or email them!

Guess what? I learned a new trick today- the bar hump. It took a few jumps to figure it out, but its fun! ;)

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
aslong as i can make it into the first camp im going!!!... hopfuly they got some spots left im calling tomarow afternoon to find out, anyone know if theres some spots left?

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
Made my reservations for the trip today and i cant wait to get there!! Goin on the HARDTAIL!!... who else is goin up for the first camp?

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
oscerthegrouch said:
Made my reservations for the trip today and i cant wait to get there!! Goin on the HARDTAIL!!... who else is goin up for the first camp?
That'd be me, as I said before My names Alex and Im 16 and ride a bighit, and I'm coming with my friend Aaron whose 14, and will probably be renting a stinky.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I will be at the first camp. I am 15, I ride a haro but will be renting a bighit or stinky. I really want to rent the demo 9 as a downhill bike, but the freeride category is much cheaper, so that is what I have to go with.

O well,
Craig

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
Im Ian and ill be riding my evil imperial...havent decided on duel crown or single yet. hopefuly i get to ride with you guys up there I cant wait for it.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I'm Mike. I'm about 5'8", 125 lbs soaking wet. I have two dogs and a cat. In my spare time I like to go swimming and volunteer at the local veterinary hospital. I have a 30" waist. I shave my legs. My favorite food is anything pasta. I like root beer and cheerwine.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
motomike said:
I'm Mike. I'm about 5'8", 125 lbs soaking wet. I have two dogs and a cat. In my spare time I like to go swimming and volunteer at the local veterinary hospital. I have a 30" waist. I shave my legs. My favorite food is anything pasta. I like root beer and cheerwine.
Ooohhh...you sound like my type wanna get together sometime and share some spaghetti and cheerwine?