Quantcast

Any groms out there going to the Snowshoe Camp?

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Dude, I was out showing my friend bar-humping today, and my nose got about 2 inches away from getting rubbed off by my tire. I think I am getting too good at these things. :rolleyes:

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Nope, not unless they are new since last year. The mountain cross course is huge though, and super fun. The new power-line trail should be sweet also.

Escape: What does (I am clueluss) does cpj stand for?

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I think ive seen some pics of some off to the side somewhere, i dont think it was a main feature tho and probably isnt even on the map. Itd be awesom if they did tho

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
oscerthegrouch said:
I hope they have um so i dont have to spend my days on powerline and the DS coarse
aparently you've never seen the MTX course. $20.00 says you won't do everything on your hardtail! :evil:

Seriously, this thing is like godzilla! It's so fast a big that DH bikes can be competitive on it. You won't get bored.

And there is also a skatepark, with like 4 tiny doubles next to it.

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
lol i wont have a problem doing most things on the coarse.... my BMX DJ backround keeps me going on bigger jumps and im pretty smooth from that...DH bikes dont hold speed as well as a hardtail btw so it would be easyer for me to jump things... but out on the DH coarse you will all kick my ass and leave me in the dust... and i cant wait to hit the skatepark looks better then the one we got localy.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
You are probably gonna want a full suspension on the downhill course, those trails are rough. They are very rocky, rooty, and muddy as crapp. (Atleast after it rains.)

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
bah fullies are for ppl who cant pick the right lines all the time....i cant pick um right all the time eather but i learn alot faster on how to :thumb:

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I just found the Monster Park lineup in the Virginia forum. Its gonna be sick

Aaron Chase, Cameron McCaul, Chris Duncan, Darren Berrecloth, Eric Porter
Jorie Lunn, Kirt Voreis, Kyle Ebbett, Paul Basagoitia, Thomas Vanderham, Wade Simmons, Wayne Goss, Tyler Klaussen, Jeff Lenosky, Matt Hunter, Timo Pritzel, Randy Spangler, Cameron Zinc, Kurt Sorge (2004 Ultimate Freeride Challenge Winner) and Grant Breshears.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Haha just got back from Snowshoe!!!!!!!!! The place is better than ever! The MTX course is pretty mellow this year, but there is a triple that was basically impossible. The freeride park was off the hook as well. And for the Western Territory, well, that was insane. All of the new trails are top-notch, and absolutely DH bike trails. Nothing else. Definitely try to hit Hairball when yur up there. And the Powerline trail is gonna be sooooo schweet! I think that that place doubled my skills over the weekend without a doubt.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
And for oscer, if you ride that hardtail up there, you're gonna get dominated. There is no such thing as "picking lines" on those trails.

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
HAHA I dont doubt it on the trails one bit...but on the mountain x coarse and powerline I wont be dominated...Inless they put a rock garden in the middle of eather.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Mike, did you use your m3 on the mtx course? Are you gonna be at the camp? If so, I need to pedal the m3 around. I dont crash........ ever....... :rolleyes:

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
My feet slipped off the pedals going to fast over a double, and I kept going straight up the berm and fell off the other side. (On the orange rental stinky) I want to rent the new one (05') or a bighit, cause I dont like quick releases on downhill bikes. (04' Stinky has them) :nuts:

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
haromtnbiker said:
Mike, did you use your m3 on the mtx course? Are you gonna be at the camp? If so, I need to pedal the m3 around. I dont crash........ ever....... :rolleyes:
yes, I did. The course was new and pretty choppy. Still alot of work to do to it. I was just blown away at the length of the thing. By the bottom, you will be exhausted for sure. I'm working on be there for Monster Park, but not the camp. :evil:

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I saw the list of riders invited to the monster park, seems like anybody thats anybody in mountain biking is going be there....... which is why I will be there! ;)