Quantcast

Any mid-century furniture experts amongst you bums?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
The Mrs and I just picked up some pretty neat furniture. Alas, not all of it will fit in our place.

It is from RS Associates Montreal and looks like this:

It’s pretty damned cool.

Should I be getting back in the GG queue?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
blackohio knew something about it i believe...
but im not sure he is on here anymore...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
The Mrs and I just picked up some pretty neat furniture. Alas, not all of it will fit in our place.

It is from RS Associates Montreal and looks like this:

It’s pretty damned cool.

Should I be getting back in the GG queue?
whatthevintage.com says their teak buffets seem to be worth about $1k

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
MCM and teak are both really popular right now. The only problem is that there is a lot of new furniture coming out with the same style. My wife and I have been collecting Haywood Wakefield for years, and are shocked at how much the prices have come down.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My take.. Older pieces rarely come available as they tend to either stay with the property they were designed for, or they become family heirlooms. Only insignificant pieces usually become available. So if you can get a reproduction. And it is of decent quality, design, and craftsmanship.. You to can either have a family heirloom. Or if it is somehow relevant 50 years from now. You could have a decent return on your investment. I cannot help you with the later...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Well, we really like this stuff, and we definitely scored.

I’m just curious how big a score.

It’s solid teak, and in great shape. I just don’t know much about the brand/designer.

I oiled up the sideboard this evening and it glows. The tambour door is so damned cool. The alignment of the wood grain is bloody impressive.

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
Put it up for sale at $2k. Worst case you lower the price later. Best case you got $2k...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have never paid a cent for furniture in my life. I have purchased lumber and made my own shit. If nothing else I have a bunch of used circular saw blades I can throw at people.