Quantcast

Any Millyard news?

MrPlow

Monkey
Sep 9, 2004
Toowoomba Queensland
Daz,
I have one (nexus) I was going to setup for DH.
IMO the jump is too large and shift times too slow given the third bad point, the weight, it just wasn't viable.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Cannondale Lefty is the lightest and stiffest fork in each amount of travel they are made in), QUOTE]

tell that to the guy i saw walking down timberline with his fork over his shoulder....
what does that comment have to do with it being the lightest and stiffest fork? one guy had a problem. their forks are pretty solid and have been for years.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The Millyard is definitely a cool bike in concept, but for some reason it's still really hideous to me. And that's coming from a guy that likes the looks of Lahars.

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
Sorry for digging up such an old thread, but is there any news ?

I remember Dirt doing a few pieces on these bikes years ago and then it all went quite, I did ask on a forum on the Dirt site and they said big news in the pipeline but that was maybe 2 years ago now.

It just had me thinking with all this new technology with fork and shocks, the shock on this bike apparently felt like it had blown riding around the carpark but on the track it comes to life and it was the best shock they had ever run. It was running some super tech/secret internals and gas if I remember rightly.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
All I ever heard was that they were in talks with manufacturers, but yeah, that was years ago too.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2008
Not new but the Dirt interview.

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/dirttvmillyard-viper-v10.html

120mm downhill reartravel, right. Try to find info of how much pressure it was in the shock, no luck but it was alot if I remember right. He says in the interview there's stuff going on. Seems like he got it most for the monster motorcycles instead which is a pity. Let's hope Öhlins get their stuff together and make their shock for the market soon.