Quantcast

Any Monkeys going to WSU/UI?

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
It's getting to be that time again where school is starting up again. Any new incoming freshman/transfer students?

yeah, finally decided on U of I. I'd still rather do something else than go to another year of school, but i've really got no other plans so........ and if you don't make it out of cle elum within a year after you graduate, most end up staying there for years :drool:

So at least im getting out of cle elum. I figure there'll be ton's more to do than just get an education :sneaky: :sneaky:

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
All you WSU and UofI riders planning on coming over to the conference MTB championships?

I'll be sending out a conference email next week to update everyone but would be nice to see an actual conference MTB event (which we really haven't had much of).

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
T:I:M said:
yeah, finally decided on U of I. I'd still rather do something else than go to another year of school, but i've really got no other plans so........ and if you don't make it out of cle elum within a year after you graduate, most end up staying there for years :drool:

So at least im getting out of cle elum. I figure there'll be ton's more to do than just get an education :sneaky: :sneaky:
Congratulations TIM, your parents must be pretty happy. Moscow-Pullman will be a nice change of scenery. Cle Elum is kind of goofy, this summer they spent $175,000 fixing the curbs leading to the sidewalks yet the sidewalks are falling apart. My advice would be study, have fun, and dont come home till Thanksgiving-this place will seem so different.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
mplutodh1 said:
All you WSU and UofI riders planning on coming over to the conference MTB championships?

I'll be sending out a conference email next week to update everyone but would be nice to see an actual conference MTB event (which we really haven't had much of).
Don't know anything about it. Wanna hit me up with that email next week?

tonyz@wsu.edu

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Have you heard if Central is going to field a team? I see they have taken out a USAC license for a team but as far as I know nothing exists. Hows the course work for Broken Spoke coming-word has it that it might be more tech than Padden?

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Tony, I'll add you to my list.

The Broken Spoke Festival is also the NWCCC MTB Championships.

No idea if Central will field a team, I've been trying to get a hold of schools who don't have teams on the NWCCC site to encourage them to start something and come out to the Championships as a starter event, kinda to get a taste and stir up some interest.

The Broken Spoke is coming along, we've had a few hurdles in the past few weeks but it all seems to be coming together. I Borregokid, I assume you are talking about the XC course, if all goes as planned yes the XC course will be a pretty technical ride, everyone better work on their climbing skills.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Just to clarify, the Broken Spoke Festival racing categories are much like that of the previous WIM events. Categories are open to all standard NORBA Cats but Collegiate Participants will be racing for the title of NWCCC MTB Champion.

Radarr, you think you'll make it over? We can probably work something out for WWU team members helping house some other conference members... our road team worked something out for their road event this season and it was a great way to just chill!

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
I think we are going to post a bunch of flyers to get the n00bs involved this year, Tony.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
mplutodh1 said:
Radarr, you think you'll make it over? We can probably work something out for WWU team members helping house some other conference members... our road team worked something out for their road event this season and it was a great way to just chill!
Right now, yes, I'll be there. It would be awesome to set up a big slumber party for everyone racing. We could tell host stories, and even compare breast sizes!

I'll talk to the posse here and see who's up for a trip over there come the end of September.