Quantcast

Any muscle cars freaks here? This is a find...

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
The "Cliffnote" version of the story behind this is that the guy had all these cars in those shipping containers and the doors of the containers were welded shut. He apparently had a problem with someone breaking into one of them in the past and decided to weld them shut. The guy died and his sister sold everything to one guy. WHAT A FRICKING FIND, if your into muscle cars! I haven't read it all yet, but if I could have found an investor, I'd pay a million dollars for everything...

http://www.depereautocenter.com/parts.html

The following is a forum that is discussing it.

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/173645/an/0/page/0#173645

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
wow....that would be a fun thing to find...too bad there weren't any AMX's or SC/Ramblers in there....

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
Brian HCM#1 said:
That Yenko Camaro:drool:
I thought the same thing. But I want to do a little research on it, I thought that Yenkos had the "sYc" logo on the headrest. It may just have been an option, but either way, I about soiled myself when I seen it...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
BKQuill said:
I thought the same thing. But I want to do a little research on it, I thought that Yenkos had the "sYc" logo on the headrest. It may just have been an option, but either way, I about soiled myself when I seen it...
I used to love muscle cars (still do) having owned a 1969 Olds 442 when I was in high school. I always love Camaros and wanted a Camaro growing up, never got on. Actually while in HS a friend of mine wanted to trade cars straight accross, my 442 for his 1967 Firebird convertable. Mine was almost completly restored but his was stock with only the 326 rebuilt (which I did for him). I said nope.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Brian HCM#1 said:
I used to love muscle cars (still do) having owned a 1969 Olds 442 when I was in high school. I always love Camaros and wanted a Camaro growing up, never got on. Actually while in HS a friend of mine wanted to trade cars straight accross, my 442 for his 1967 Firebird convertable. Mine was almost completly restored but his was stock with only the 326 rebuilt (which I did for him). I said nope.
My great Aunt had a 442, a classic drive to the grocery store once a week and garaged the rest of the time beauty. When she died my parents had a chance to buy it, but passed and it went to my aunt and uncle. They of course trashed it.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Wow thats cool, I wouldn't be in a hurry to sell the whole lot, I would spend the next 3 years ebaying

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Tenchiro said:
My great Aunt had a 442, a classic drive to the grocery store once a week and garaged the rest of the time beauty. When she died my parents had a chance to buy it, but passed and it went to my aunt and uncle. They of course trashed it.
That's devastating:mumble:

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
Trainwreck said:
I actually saw a 1970 Yenko Nova in the parking lot at Deer Valley Airport a couple of weeks ago. A pretty rare unit.
I really like the Copo, Yenko's and Berger cars! My uncle retired from GM a several years back and he still has a '69 Copo that he bought new. I have been trying for years to get him to sell it to me so I can restore it. I promised him that it would remain in the family and that I wouldn't even think about selling it, but it just sits under a car port in Michigan totally covered up from top to bottom. It hasn't been started since his son (my cousin) died over 15 years ago.

My dad had a Berger Camaro that was bought new, but he sold it when I was somewhere around 10 (27 years ago, damn I'm getting old). But he did hand me the keys of '72 Monte Carlo SS shortly after I turned 16, I kept that car for about 4 years, then it was totalled by a semi while it sat in a parking lot.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yenko, man, what a find indeed. Yenko sure knew what they were doing.

There was an old lady down the street that had a '69 Firebird 400 that she quit driving when I was in 8th grade. It sat parked ON THE STREET from then on. I tried to get her to sell it to me and she never would. When I got back from Desert Storm in '92, I came home to find it gone. My dad said she had died and it sold at auction for $500. I was pissed! I went out and bought my '70 Cuda that weekend to make myself feel better.

I'm building a '69 Chevy C10 street truck/bike hauler right now. I don't have room for a full time muscle car and it's the closest thing I could talk my wife into.

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
:drool: So... the guy bought all those sweet cars and welded them inside trailers where he would never see them again? How depressing! And I can't believe he rammed the VW into the Yenko Camaro to get it to fit! :mumble:

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
jimmydean said:
I'm building a '69 Chevy C10 street truck/bike hauler right now. I don't have room for a full time muscle car and it's the closest thing I could talk my wife into.
Sounds fair!

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
My dad had a original Shelby GT350 white with blue stripes which he sold in 77 to pay for my parents house. It was recently sold at auction for $175,000

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Hawkeye said:
My dad had a original Shelby GT350 white with blue stripes which he sold in 77 to pay for my parents house. It was recently sold at auction for $175,000
a friend of mine has a gt350.
many gt350s ended up in Peru in the 60s. they were popular among the city-to-city racers back then....
a few years ago, i heard the story of a guy from the local vintage car club who said he found one with a diesel engine that was a TAXI.

muscle cars were dirt cheap 5 years ago.. now, after overhauling, rides, etc, etc and a few dudes who started to export them, they are getting expensive...
but still, you can find a nice fastback, or charger every now and then for sale...

i´ve heard uruguay is an awesome place to find such cars.

Yenko Camaro, Yenko Chevelle, '63 spilt window Vette, 2 53 or 54 Vettes in MINT condition.
Jeezus I grew up just South of there. If I had only known the guy. Give a little man-love for all that.

I'd take the lot to Barrett-Jackson. Get rich and fat.

Who knows what kind of motor treasures he has..

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
jimmydean said:
Yenko, man, what a find indeed. Yenko sure knew what they were doing.

There was an old lady down the street that had a '69 Firebird 400 that she quit driving when I was in 8th grade. It sat parked ON THE STREET from then on. I tried to get her to sell it to me and she never would. When I got back from Desert Storm in '92, I came home to find it gone. My dad said she had died and it sold at auction for $500. I was pissed! I went out and bought my '70 Cuda that weekend to make myself feel better.

Here's the 72 Blazer I restored 10 years ago. Also the before pic.

Attachments

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Here's mine right now. Doesn't look like much, but it's pushing 340 bhp with a 12 bolt posi rear and Munci M21 transmision. The motor was done 2 months ago and I got seats out of an early 90 Silvarado. A 3" drop kit with front discs will be here in time for Christmas.

One I replace all the weather striping and install the Blazer gas tank, I'm installing a Mac Mini based system with custom 7.5" touchscreen interface.

Brian, your Blazer looked great! I wish I could have both muscle and 4 wheel drive.

As nice as the Yenko is, I would take the '66 Vette over all of it.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
What the heck is the point of having all of those cool cars if they are in welded shipping containers. Cars are meant to be driven, or heck at least displayed if you are into that kind of thing. At least they are out now

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
jimmydean said:
Here's mine right now. Doesn't look like much, but it's pushing 340 bhp with a 12 bolt posi rear and Munci M21 transmision. The motor was done 2 months ago and I got seats out of an early 90 Silvarado. A 3" drop kit with front discs will be here in time for Christmas.

One I replace all the weather striping and install the Blazer gas tank, I'm installing a Mac Mini based system with custom 7.5" touchscreen interface.

Brian, your Blazer looked great! I wish I could have both muscle and 4 wheel drive.

As nice as the Yenko is, I would take the '66 Vette over all of it.

Nice truck!!! They are fun projects. I had to sell it 8 years ago when we bought our first house. Sold it for $13K, bought it for $2500, Then again I put $9K into the restoration. My favorite Vette EVER is a '67 427.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Brian HCM#1 said:
Nice truck!!! They are fun projects. I had to sell it 8 years ago when we bought our first house. Sold it for $13K, bought it for $2500, Then again I put $9K into the restoration. My favorite Vette EVER is a '67 427.
I paid $600 for mine (man, I love Craig's List some times). I have a wicked tight budget on it and have been pinching serious pennies and doing a lot of favors and trades for parts. So far I have only spent about $1000 and I have made nearly that much back from the sale of old parts and stuff.

My wife made me promise I wouldn't sell this one because she is still torn up over the sale of my Toyota I built just before we met. My 5 year old daughter says she will drive it when she gets big. She named her "Daisy" because she was a yellow forestry service truck in her former life.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Cool, nice this is Chevy parts are cheep:thumb: I scored on my paint job, a buddy of mine I went to HS with has a body shop. So he did mine for cash on the side for $2500:thumb: It took him 3 months to do, but well worth it, it was about a $10K job. I was lucky it had very little body work to do and the only rust hole was on the passenger front floor which was about the size of a quarter. All the holes from other trim was welded shut and ground down. Very little body filler was used. The removable top had some holes in it where the previous owners had some racks. Those were filled and the top was retextured.

jcr23

Chimp
Sep 5, 2005
omg.... :drool:
my pick of the bunch would probably be the Yenko or the split window. though i've always like LS6s and fuelies are cool too.... they're all sweet...