Quantcast

Any news about 2002 Boxxer?

APKL

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
Hawaii
Looking to get a new DH fork and was wondering if RS is coming out with the 2002 Boxxer soon. Are there any differences between 01' and 02'? Thanks for any help.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by APKL
Do you have any pictures of the RS inverted fork?
Well it was bound to happen sooner then later. Figures I pick up a 2000 RS Boxxer and they go and drop the line. Story of my life:rolleyes:

Can't waite to see the new fork. Just means the Boxxer will be more desirable.... right? ;)

I swear if I bought an Intense.......the company would be TU in 9 mos.:D Feel my power:cool:

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Originally posted by RhinofromWA

Well it was bound to happen sooner then later. Figures I pick up a 2000 RS Boxxer and they go and drop the line. Story of my life:rolleyes:

Can't waite to see the new fork. Just means the Boxxer will be more desirable.... right? ;)

I swear if I bought an Intense.......the company would be TU in 9 mos.:D Feel my power:cool:
Don't ever go buy any products that I ride!!!! hehe

:D :eek:

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
This is what I have learned about the 2k2 boxxer.They’re doing things to the 2K2 to try to cut down on production cost - switching the uppers to straight-gauge tubing rather than variable-walled tubing. That will change the damping from being position sensitive (progressive), to being constant throughout the travel... From the sounds of it, the only benifit to the end-user might be that they’ll lower the retail price a little, although it might make the fork a little stiffer (a little less flex). Probably other minor tweeks, but I don’t know what...

Hacim

Chimp
Aug 12, 2001
Durango, CO
i've been on a boxxer & monster t..... i went with the monster t best fork i've ever ridden 2 be honest with u.. some people complain about the wait, but come on ur doin DH u shouldnt worry about the wait unless ur a pretty small person the wait shouldnt bother u much.... i went from a jr. t 2 a monster t & it didnt change my riding @ all.... i can still bunny hop as high & control just as well... better actually it is sooooooooooooo plush but thats just my 2 cents take it or leave it -Hacim :)

I'm running '98 Boxxers and they feel exactly the same (less 1" of travel) as '00/'01 Boxxers so I guess the '02 forks will be the same.Didnt RS buy out the company that used to make the Sunn forks (Obsis?????) for their inverted fork knowedge??????

Babar

Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Colorado
ROck shox HQ is located just down the street from where i live, so if you want i can be secret RM spy and get some secret stuff from them :)

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
is the boxxer seriously being phased out? the shop i work in got a poster of all '02 Rock Shox products and the Boxxer was still on there. It looked the same as the '01. ya definatly Babar, we need a spy. Still stuck between a Dorado and Boxxer......or now i guess whatever RS has for a DH fork for my DHi. anyone in here going to interbike? i might see ya there. also, what r the dimensions for those avatar things? i gotta make me one. lata
Luke

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Originally posted by LukeD
is the boxxer seriously being phased out? the shop i work in got a poster of all '02 Rock Shox products and the Boxxer was still on there. It looked the same as the '01. ya definatly Babar, we need a spy. Still stuck between a Dorado and Boxxer......or now i guess whatever RS has for a DH fork for my DHi. anyone in here going to interbike? i might see ya there. also, what r the dimensions for those avatar things? i gotta make me one. lata
Luke
I'll be at the Interbike, I'll be working at the FSA booth....See ya there!!

thatoneguy

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
N. California
Supposed to be a Japanese or European Moto shock company producing it. Shimano's should be out pretty soon as well, I've seen pics, and it looks pretty cool...

G

Gutty

I wonder if Shimano will ever build a whole bike. They make just about every other part. It could have fishing rod racks.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
im really intrigued by all this secret rockshox fork thing........

i mean, every time a new fork comes out, the companies test them out a good long time before they hit the magazines and its sort of a badly kept secret,
take the dorado for instance, its been on display for over a year, the boxxer itself also had at least a year of testing in public before it was sold,
the euros knew about the monster coming out a long time before it was released and well the shiver came as a surprise to me at least but then again marzocchi just revalved (maybe not quite but you get the idea) a moto fork, so that cut some r&d.

so how can RS keep such an important project that secret and have none of their pros ride it in public at least and have it ready for model year 2002 which starts next week?

hope theyre right though, that might drive the boxxer prices down and that would be pretty cool.

v