Quantcast

Any news on the 07 u.s. world cup race?

dirtboyracer

Chimp
Dec 10, 2006
On the uci site, it says they're having a world cup in the U.S. with its location TBD. Anybody know of any news on the location?

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Please be in Angelfire!!!

i hope you are not holding your breath on that....

you do know that angel fire was granted the US round and then backed out about a month ago due to a "communication breakdown"

this is the reason the location is TBA. they need to find a venue to take angelfire's place.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Last rumour I heard was that the east coast of North America was still the plan, in order to ease travelling from Ste Anne. It's a rough trip for many teams due to the border and distance needed to travel. Border can kill a half day with a truck full of high value items needing to be inventoried, dogs put on etc.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
The three I have heard thus far are: Lake Placid, Bromont, and Park City.......All awesome venues, now let's just hope this whole points debacle gets cleared up...

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
dose anyone have the dates and locations of the canadian nationals? the only one ive heard is bromont on the 20th of may.

jus

Chimp
Nov 3, 2004
http://www.cyclingnews.com/mtb/?id=mtb07

i googled it and found this site.... has every race you could possibly imagine, it take a little time to search through all the races, but thier all in there. Bromont, Tremlbant, (i think saint anne), Whistler and the Nationals at Mount Washington. I just dont' know the exact dates. Good luck

PS, if the link goes to another page, try again, it should work the second time.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
http://www.cyclingnews.com/mtb/?id=mtb07

i googled it and found this site.... has every race you could possibly imagine, it take a little time to search through all the races, but thier all in there. Bromont, Tremlbant, (i think saint anne), Whistler and the Nationals at Mount Washington. I just dont' know the exact dates. Good luck

PS, if the link goes to another page, try again, it should work the second time.
that site was pretty helpful bromont, tremblant, whistler, and mount washington are all thats up so far for canada cups. is that usually it or was sainte anne also a national event as well as world cup.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
tru cant wait to ride this season ive been fiending and this **** worse than crack......

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Actually I heard the course at the World Cup there wasn't nearly as bad as
the XC downhill course used at the national and Collegiate races.

given they use the terrain right Helen would have some good stuff
But, I'm sure Butch is trying to be funny or something.

You know you can't get on here and dog GA mann, or I gotta defend
it somehow!! Hah Hah,

So what up Cecil you still coming to the Supercross?

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Doesn't make much sense to standardize it though, because people tend to pay more attention when they don't know something.... :rolleyes:

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
i dont think it was mentioned before, but what about the possibility of snowshoe? they are really trying to push their mtb program

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Actually I heard the course at the World Cup there wasn't nearly as bad as
the XC downhill course used at the national and Collegiate races.

given they use the terrain right Helen would have some good stuff
But, I'm sure Butch is trying to be funny or something.

You know you can't get on here and dog GA mann, or I gotta defend
it somehow!! Hah Hah,

So what up Cecil you still coming to the Supercross?
Yes, we are trying to get hooked up from Parts Unlimited for 10 tickets now. Should know in a day or two. We will be in a box if we get them with press passes. That means you can walk down on to the track.