Quantcast

Any news on the Honda RN01?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
If anyone would know Transcend would - I think he spoke directly w/ some Honda reps a while back...

...my guess would be that they are going to do another year of testing, and then maybe work on tooling and production figures... just a guess though.

JAB

Chimp
Feb 18, 2004
Almost there...
S.K.C. said:
my guess would be that they are going to do another year of testing, and then maybe work on tooling and production figures
Yeah probably. Remember that article in MBA when some enigineer said they were like 73 % satisifed with the RN01's performance? That was like 3 iterations ago dammit! C'mon mister Japan, I want that Showa/Kayaba stuff!!

Oh, and when Trascend get here he can answer some annoying questions I have about setting up the e13 giude on my brand new 224:D

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
TWISTED said:
Hey, I love my Honda. It's got great suspension, fast, and confidence inspireing when the hitting big jumps.
Hey thats not a honda! what do I win???

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
you need a fender and some maxxis tires.
dream honda knock off for next year
ellsworth g boxx frame strip paint,
deemax front wheel rear rim.
fender
fork of choice,
then youll look like minnar!

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
Off topic as usual: I don't like MC's and I don't like polished bikes...but somehow that thing is beautiful. Two wrongs make a right?? Whats that bash guard?

kohoy

Chimp
May 1, 2006
yeah... the 9.5 looks great man.... I guess I'll be pushing my frd to have his 9.5 polished soon.....hehehe

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Last I spoke with the Honda japan marketing guy (same dude i spoke with in that interview scoop thing), there is still plans to produce it. They are, however, still refining the design and won't go to market until it is feasible to mass produce and keep affordable.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Transcend said:
Last I spoke with the Honda japan marketing guy (same dude i spoke with in that interview scoop thing), there is still plans to produce it. They are, however, still refining the design and won't go to market until it is feasible to mass produce and keep affordable.
So 2009 would be a safe guess as to the release date?