Quantcast

any one here into SLR photography

laxincubus311

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
East cost
well ive seen that slr cams are pretty sick so i remeber when my grandpa passed away that he left my dad a nice older cam. i asked my dad if i could take it out and use it and he told me yes. its a nikon n2020af.

same camera pictured here

brenth

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Santa Monica
I have a canon T70 from the mid 80's, its a great camera, I just need to spend some more time with it. I have four lenes. a 500mm and 70-200mm a 35mm and a 40-70mm. The cool thing is you can get lens and parts pretty cheap.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Yeah man SLRs are a ton of fun. Learn how to use it on fully manual mode (which may be all it has?), you wont regret it. You can get really good shots with it, and you can have CVS (or similar) make you a picture cd with your prints for like 5 bucks. Here is one from my mom's SLR that I took a couple of weeks ago.

Attachments

The Jinx

I'm an angel
Apr 22, 2002
Penang, Malaysia
I prefer SLR for most occasion. The N2020 is a classic and really realiable :thumb:

I still have and using my Nikon N60, it has been 5 years with now...before that I've using Ricoh KR10 (now, retired old clunker.. :) )

I was introduced with digital photography in 2001 and never look back after that! It was Nikon CP885. This camera is very robust. Life getting easier with digital era...snap, crop and post.... Gone the old days where you have to develop your film etc.

In March '04, I bought a digital SLR...Nikon D70! :D It's a sweet camera and now I have best of both world...flexibility of SLR and easy to post/print of digital technology :cool:

Regards
sbw

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by The Jinx
In March '04, I bought a digital SLR...Nikon D70! :D It's a sweet camera and now I have best of both world...flexibility of SLR and easy to post/print of digital technology :cool:
:eek: that's the ticket. i've been rockin' my canon d30 for about 15 months now, see my site (or in sig) for more pics than you'd probably ever care to look at :D

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Originally posted by T-Pirate
Yeah you will want to know how to use the apeture and shutter speed settings, then you will really be able to manipulate your shots for different conditions and such.
You keep saying about apeture, and I have no clue what it is! I already can take good pictures on an SLR, but maybe I could learn a bit more about them. I might have a book, I'll look in it if I do.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I have a similar Nikon FM SLR. Mine I think is a bit older, it has less functions but the body shape is identical, just not painted all black, its mostly brushed metal with a black grip.

Its the best camera I have ever owned. Sturdy as hell and takes damn nice pictures. I have several lenzes for it too ranging from a little bit wide to fish eye wide.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
I have a Pentax Super Program and a Pentax P3, both of which you could hammer a nail with and not have any issues. The Super Program is older with more functions/modes, but they both take amazing pics. I have a 28mm, 50mm and a cheapo 100-300mm lense.

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
i kind of prefer canon equipment. Of course when I used to shoot for GE Aircraft, we had Nikon f4's, which were the hot sh!t back then (about 10 years ago - god I'm gettin old). But i have a Canon A2 now, which suits me. Although I'd like to trade it in or sell it and get a 10D so I can use my same lenses (24-70 zoom) and a 70-210 f/2.8 APO (which is my favorite)...

hey toshi... this pic is RAD!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Hey you's camera guys... if you haven't already check out Motionboy2's site... he started a forum for photographers that are also into mtn biking:

http://www.cameracourage.com/forum/

Not saying not to post here too, but it's a pretty cool forum for showing off shots, and discussing cool gear and **** like that.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by MtnBikerNJ
i kind of prefer canon equipment. Of course when I used to shoot for GE Aircraft, we had Nikon f4's, which were the hot sh!t back then (about 10 years ago - god I'm gettin old). But i have a Canon A2 now, which suits me. Although I'd like to trade it in or sell it and get a 10D so I can use my same lenses (24-70 zoom) and a 70-210 f/2.8 APO (which is my favorite)...

hey toshi... this pic is RAD!
thanks! browsing the macro galleries, eh? :D i bet the 10D replacement will come out in a few months, so you may want to hold out for that... not that it doesn't work splendidly as it is.

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
well, i might be buying a Leaf Valeo11 with a mamiya 645AFD for several of my clients (depends of if it will be cheaper in the long run to buy instead of rent). So it will be a while for me replacing my A2. In the meanwhile though, my digicam is a little elph s200...

Leaf Valeo 11

EDIT:
tried to post the pic but it ain't workin'