Quantcast

Any pics of your 888 with a fender?

kuksul08

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Just curious what the bike looks like with a 888 and front fender. I always notice mud and rocks fly into my face and for $30 it might be worth it?

So yea...preferably on an 888R on a VP Free but anything is good. :)

Also do they even work? (Look pretty small, and everyone I've talked to has said it's a terrible idea)

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
It is not a terible idea. I left mine on all summer last year. I ride mainly at snowshoe where the weather can change quick. It is pretty small and doesnt look to bad. Sorry no pics

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
take an old tube, cut in half, and then zip tie it to the bottom crown and the brake arch. solves all problems and it doesnt look so gay. ohh and it is a lot cheapdr than 30$.

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Here's one in action.

Honestly I bought a couple out of a bargain bin at a local shop. They didn't last more than a couple crashes a piece, and I crash alot.

The tube method describe in an earlier post works just as well, and isn't really in a spot where it gets damaged in a crash, and if it does I just cut another section of an old tube and replace it. Here's a shot of the tube fender.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
does it matter what it looks like? I mean if you're using it to keep rocks and such out of your face sounds like a functional decision to me...D