Quantcast

Any results from Snowshoe race yet?

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
i raced my run but some people didn't get to race because the mountain went on red alert. the ds race the night before was canceled because of red alert too. It's been raining since friday non stop and its POURING. The course was fricken awesome though and this one section it was like riding in a river. Probably because of the flash flood warning that was in effect. it was intense

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Nope, you're wrong. The course is well seasoned by now and it held up great. Today's conditions in the rain and water were the best traction ever. The trail bed is down to bedrock now. Very fast.

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
yeah it was the best traction ever my arse I dont know where you are riding and those sections out in the open the were pure mud + the travers only had a water trail that was about three inches wide and 5 inches deep thats not good for the trails. and all of the jumps rutted to hell. bedrock my hassss

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
I was about the 5th guy down the mountain today, one of the few that got to do a race run, and I didn't have a ton of traction problems, but then again I ran about as slow as an iron toad.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
profro said:
Nope, you're wrong. The course is well seasoned by now and it held up great. Today's conditions in the rain and water were the best traction ever. The trail bed is down to bedrock now. Very fast.
I dunno about Best Traction Ever......... You must have missed the whole lincoln log area :D

It was good times though, even though those of us that were man enough to race (cough cough, NOT SK6, cough cough) stod out in the rain for quite awhile today just to have the race cancelled. But..... They took care of us, so its all good :)

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Oh don't get me started Mr. Ican'tfeelmyfeet! :p

It was BRUTALLY COLD being wet and sitting for hours in torrential downpours......I felt so bad for the dudes I saw that were absolutely miserable.....

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
the ruts were worn in during the soggy practice so for the race they got filled up with water, it was pouring in my run, so you couldnt tell exactly how deep they were so i took my chances, and lost.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I did that creek hole thing, ended up knocking some of the plastic off my bash guard. Turns out E13 is fat kid resistant.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
stubby said:
yeah the holes got really ****ty after practice. im still trying to decide if my boxxer is fat kid resistant.
How's the Haro treating you?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
stubby said:
yeah the holes got really ****ty after practice. im still trying to decide if my boxxer is fat kid resistant.
Hence my love of my 888 that took a UPS trip to the Factory. It is full out chubby love, truffle shuffle resistant.

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
the haro is treating me good!, they sent me a new mo co for the boxxer because it broke at snowshoe, however my 06 brand spankin new never used boxxer team is for sale, pm me bout it. . I cant wait for the next race! I lowerd it out about an inch by putting it in the eight inch travel setting, it feels alot better.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Bearmntpicnic said:
if by midget you mean 6,3'. And that was a little making fun of grammer nazis. Ill see all of you nay sayers on the mountain.

He'll be the short one! :p

Looks like a trip to Wintergreen next weekend is in order....