Quantcast

Any reviews on the Hope stem/crown combo?

richgardiner

Monkey
Aug 19, 2008
afaik = as far as I know

As for the stem/crown combo, I'm not sure they're in production yet? The picture of the ano green one on the dirt website a while back looked gorgeous though!

m.m.w.

Chimp
Jun 23, 2009
Does anyone know about the long-awaited Hope direct mount stem? I still haven't found it anywhere.

yetihenry

Monkey
Aug 9, 2009
Whistler, BC
The crown combo has made production, as my buddy just picked one up before christmas. I can get a picture tomorrow as we are riding, it is sweet. £150 though...

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
The crown combo has made production, as my buddy just picked one up before christmas. I can get a picture tomorrow as we are riding, it is sweet. £150 though...
Pics are nice, but post up a review! I'm on the fence myself, and like mentioned earlier, the idea of only two bolts handling all the clamping force makes me wonder.

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
I'll give you a review without actually owning one (the captain of all internet reviews):

Here goes...Looks hot; holds forks; holds bars; looks awsome; low stem; did I mention it looks insanely awsome?

Really, there is no point in kidding yourself that it does anything better than the stock crown and a dm stem other than simply looking unbelievably good and it's not like it won't do the job of holding your bars and fork legs, so I'm not really sure how much more penis massaging can be performed here?

TomBigmac

Chimp
May 31, 2009
A collegue of mine also just bought one. Does the job, unfortunately doesn't have the dovetail joint, they just have the four bolts like the DH stem. I think it weighed 320g though don't quote me on that!

I'll give you a review without actually owning one (the captain of all internet reviews):

Here goes...Looks hot; holds forks; holds bars; looks awsome; low stem; did I mention it looks insanely awsome?

Really, there is no point in kidding yourself that it does anything better than the stock crown and a dm stem other than simply looking unbelievably good and it's not like it won't do the job of holding your bars and fork legs, so I'm not really sure how much more penis massaging can be performed here?
There's always a pinkbiker in the crowd. The funny thing is you took the time to post something completely worthless. If you read the post, you would have noticed that the biggest concern was the 2 bolt with the dovetail. And if you noticed it was answered by TomBigmac. Thus answering the main concern of mine. Don't be a sheep and follow the other smartasses on here, take or make your own trail.

m.m.w.

Chimp
Jun 23, 2009
Does the job, unfortunately doesn't have the dovetail joint, they just have the four bolts like the DH stem.
So then we can expect the DM stem to have fours bolts instead of the dovetail as well!?
Are there any pictures of the combo?

yetihenry

Monkey
Aug 9, 2009
Whistler, BC
Pics are nice, but post up a review! I'm on the fence myself, and like mentioned earlier, the idea of only two bolts handling all the clamping force makes me wonder.
It was wet and very cold so he didn't come out, Ill get pics another time. It doesn't have the dovetail joint so just regular up top, and I love the idea of it all being one peice and it seems solid enough.

If only they made them for boxxers.... When hope open up after christmas they are getting a call.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
It was wet and very cold so he didn't come out, Ill get pics another time. It doesn't have the dovetail joint so just regular up top, and I love the idea of it all being one peice and it seems solid enough.

If only they made them for boxxers.... When hope open up after christmas they are getting a call.
Are you sure they don't make them for BoXXers? I thought I seen somewhere that they were.