Quantcast

Any Suggestions for Baggy Shorts?

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
My wife wants to pick up some new baggy shorts. She had some Cannondales that sucked, and some Zoics that were OK but not great. I am a big fan of Nemas, but are their women's shorts as nice? Any other brands y'all like?

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
I am tall enough and slim enough in the hips to prefer the guy's shorts over the women's - I find that the women's versions aren't always on par quality wise and definitely are too short in the inseam for me. My favorites are my Oakley's (actually, their women's shorts are very nice, again just a little short for me) and I have a pair of Nema's that I like a lot, too.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Thanks, I will pass that along. Jen is pretty tall and fairly slim as well so it might work.

Jul 7, 2004
Hi there:

I have found the best way to use baggies is to go with unlined. I wear my regular spandex XC shorts under the baggies. The reason for this is that I find the baggies tend to get dragged down when they have a liner attached. I found I was constantly hitching them up. Especially when pedaling for more then a couple minutes.

I too wear mens shorts -- much better fit throught the hips and longer inseam.

Good luck.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I also wear men's baggy shorts.

I have a pair of women's cannondale baggys, but the pearl Izumi men's baggys are longer and they have functional pockets.

I am 5'11........ what in god's name do I need a pair of Daisy Dukes for when I am mtn bking?!?!
:mumble:

I hate women's biking clothing. Little and Pink. What are we, strippers? (this does not mean that any woman who wears little pink clothes out on the trail is a stripper) Functionality here, people!!!

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
MudGrrl said:
I also wear men's baggy shorts.

I have a pair of women's cannondale baggys, but the pearl Izumi men's baggys are longer and they have functional pockets.

I am 5'11........ what in god's name do I need a pair of Daisy Dukes for when I am mtn bking?!?!
:mumble:

I hate women's biking clothing. Little and Pink. What are we, strippers? (this does not mean that any woman who wears little pink clothes out on the trail is a stripper) Functionality here, people!!!
Thanks for the laugh...very true...I never go into the women's Mtbiking section...I like people thinking I'm a guy on the trail...therefore no special treatment...I'll hold my own thank you very much... :thumb:

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
I'm short and Fox high frequency shorts fit great. You can wear anything or nothing underneath them. I even put them over a pair of Levis when I was at whistler last weekend. I like em long (lol), ooops, mind in the gutter again. No flesh showing; save the skin.