Quantcast

Anybody cut the rubber boot off the ccdb?

Dwdrums00

Monkey
Mar 31, 2007
I always remove the plastic sleeve of my CCDB's. Take a blow drier or a heat gun and heat up the plastic, then pull it off. When your twisting the plastic sleeve off make sure you don't unscrew the twin tube.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Rode it once like that and my bike quacked at me. That was the end of that. Razor blade/box cutter will have it off in seconds.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Use the heat/blow drier. It is not recommended to cut it away.
It scored mine with a box cutter then split it witha flat head......easy peasy. Heating and twisting seems harder and likely to loosin the body of the shock.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
It scored mine with a box cutter then split it witha flat head......easy peasy. Heating and twisting seems harder and likely to loosin the body of the shock.
yup.
ill be doing this with my new DB today.

Use the heat/blow drier. It is not recommended to cut it away.
heating the shock with a heat gun would be worse than cutting a piece of plastic

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
and they will tell you not to cut it and to use a heat/blow drier.
I'll be doing this to mine soon,....

heat up the blade of exacto knife cut threw like butter.

I've never been a fan of heating objects.The propertys can change,look at metal.However im not a shock tech so my opion is denied.

Enyway.

SCARY

Not long enough
I ungraciously scored mine with a razor,wedged a screwdriver under the lip and cracked it like a walnut,then broke the rest into little enough pieces to get through the shock spring.

that's right,I'm lazy and impatient......Surprise!

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
finally cut mine off with a razor blade.
it was very easy to do and once i cut all the way through the plastic, the sleeve popped off by itself.
heating it is definitely not necessary.