Quantcast

Anybody down for Crystal today? Wed..

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
I'm sittin' here thinking it's time for a sick mid week day, pondering on hiking crystal Mtn. to the top of Green Valley and ripping down the bowl to the lake and from there to the siiiiiiick! single track to base. Then if I have enough energy, some jumping at the bottom, especially that stair case.

4 stair to preperation for split level 10-16 stair to cement roll down to the left.

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
I wish Skooks would just go ahead and get off his but and buy Crystal already and turn it into Whistler South...

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
SR said:
I wish Skooks would just go ahead and get off his but and buy Crystal already and turn it into Whistler South...
Word is born SR! All I kept thinking about was building a halfpipe out of dirt for bikes, a full on terrain park like for snowboarding, that way it would serve two purposes, and of course, the longest epic downhill rides ever! Imagine coming down this like Byron does in the drop in series. I do it on my board after a good foot of pow, I'd love to do it on a bike accessed by chairs. There would be so many damn people that would go there, not to mention it's in the states so there would be no boarder hassle, just a nice hour or so up the road and vwala, the epic ride of Crystal Mtn's KingSome ****. ;)

Attachments

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
SR said:
secret negotiations were underway then you had to go and screw everything up..... :mumble:

actually i heard from Juice (Justin Vanderpol head honcho of BBTC) at a meeting that the people who own Crystal and the Pass are busy studying the possibilities.... at least there's talk......

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Skookum said:
secret negotiations were underway then you had to go and screw everything up..... :mumble:

actually i heard from Juice (Justin Vanderpol head honcho of BBTC) at a meeting that the people who own Crystal and the Pass are busy studying the possibilities.... at least there's talk......
Skook if they open up Crystal I'm signing up to be one of the builders, that place has so much potential its sick. All I'd have to do is locate one of the rippers who works on "this other trail I know" and Crystal would be the next hot spot for a summer "Ripper" get away! It's not like this place is like MT where I'm from, this place doesn't even get snow for a long time up there and it melts fast, crystal could be making some major bucks and Enumclaw/ Buckley Bonney Lake area would be the next hot spot to live as it's the closest city life to Crystal. Sh!t, Crystal has some serious potential, they need some riders on the board though to get a nice terrain park built in for both winter and summer activities! It would bring a whole new crowd and lots of money to the Area.

moondog

Chimp
Aug 8, 2002
Ballard, WA
We could have a trail like Schleyer but named after Skookum. Call it Skookumer. Well, that name might need a little work, but I bet the trail would kick ass.

I am glad to hear that Juice is trying to get some wheels turning. I'm sure that liability insurance for a venture like that isn't pretty so I'm not surprised that the local resorts haven't been interested lately. With the success that Whistler and other resorts have had across the world I have hope that someday we'll see lift operated biking around these parts again. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm praying for it.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
SR said:
did you even notice I spelled butt wrong :(
No Mary Kay Letournou was my spelling teacher, so now i have a wierd spelling problems with letters that have sexual connatations, like but, poosy, cawk and things like that.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Yeah! Whistler is pulling k's every day. And Crystal would be better, it has better terrain/ more convernient chairs!!!!!!!

Does any Crystal riding exist? PM me

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
ioscope said:
Yeah! Whistler is pulling k's every day. And Crystal would be better, it has better terrain/ more convernient chairs!!!!!!!

Does any Crystal riding exist? PM me
Ioscope,

Read my signature, it says it all. If you don't mind some hiking, there's sick trails to be had at Crystal, super flowy, long downhill decent. Well worth the hike, IMO.