Quantcast

Anybody else getting canned today?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Today my "contract" "expires" and they aren't renewing it until the budget is released...so whenever.

I've probably got a month or two of sitting around ahead of me....YAY. :happydance:

Anybody got any good NYE plans?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
With a new administration coming in, with a deficit that defies all logic, it is only a matter of time before they start laying off the military. Wonder if I can go skiing....

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
we're letting people go after CES....they figured since they got the plane tickets and hotel rooms, itll be prudent to fire them after the meetings.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Not me, not today.

I did just take a salary cut though. At least I got a week of personal time off for the cut. But now we can't afford to go anywhere.

Good luck Sammich!

Sorry to hear sanwich. You are not alone though, In January the Bank I worked for got bought and we all got laid off. Unemployed for 3 months I went and took a job selling cars for the summer. This meant two things, one the job sucked for me and two there was no racing and hardly any biking all summer. Props to anyone who can sell cars, but I just kept thinking of how hard I worked to get a masters degree in Finance and 10 years in the industry and I'm sitting here getting treated like an a$$ for peanuts at a car dealership. Finally got back with a finance firm this fall. Just two days ago the new firm shut the doors. No notice, just done. Luckily I also work part time in a bike shop. Bad news is it's winter and they are slow as sh!t right now so i have no hours, nor will I until March if i'm lucky. My race season is not looking so good. :nopity:

Plenty of people in far worse situations, I actually count myself as lucky. At least I have time to ride now, but the not getting paid thing keeps me local and not in the mountains. Thinking of taking myself back to school with the current state of the economy and get into another field.

Hope the rest of you guys survive the chopping blocks.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
ha-ha

all aboard the failboat. there's always a free meal and weekend in boston if you help us move and need to get away.

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
i work seasonal. in the trade, you are supposed to save as much of one's money for the winter time and this is exactly the opposite of what my da did. eh.

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
btw, if you are happy about the fact that you get a few months off and are not an azz pirate, go ride your bike.