Quantcast

Anybody else rotate in the same direction as their forward foot?

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
So I ride left foot forward and spin to the left, but everyone else I've seen who rides left foot forward spins to the right. It's weird because it makes sense to me that it'd be easier to spin to the right, but when I do it it feels so awkward. I also turn, wallride, hip, etc... to the left more naturally. Anybody else have this problem? (if it even is one)

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
I ride left foot forward, have always rotated to the right, but on the other hand I can spin the other way and actually pop better to the left. I do all my tricks backwards as well. I tailwhip so I can't kick the frame, I xup towards my foward food, and I just found out that I nofootedcan the wrong way as well. Oh well, if it works, do it!

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
It's just about being comfortable, if you're feeling that, then you're doing it right. If your outside foot is forward, I believe it helps me push the front end around and my back foot helps push the back end around, but that could just be in my mind, but that's the way I feel comfortable.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
That's the way I ride. That's what "goofy footed" is on a bike. No worries, though. Lots of people ride that way, it's just whatever feels best for you.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
if you're going to turn "opposite" all the time (or what looks like opposite) you should try to learn regular too and turn both directions. it'll open more doors for you on street and on ramps.

ryan nyquist was one of the first people that i can think of doing back to back regular 360 to opposite 360 in contests. but i think his natural stance was goofy.

i think jamie bestwick was probably the first person to get opposite airs on vert truly dialed. then mirra.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
aar5on ross.

a lot of pros are doing sh1t both ways now, helps doing grind 360s etc (ross). also aaron ross runs oppo pegs to help with those

i dunno whats right or wrong, i spin the right way, i whip the right way i think hahahaha

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Yeah I spin and whip different directions...

I just never think about my feet...just put them where ever my legs happen to stop pedaling, or where its comfortable.