Quantcast

Anybody fished lake Havasu

TSchultz

Chimp
Sep 2, 2003
S. MN
Heading to lake Havasu for spring break this coming week to do some wakeboarding, and a little partying :happydance: I was wondering if it was worth it to bring along a fishin rod and a few lures. Or how about the bike? Any worthwhile riding in the immediate vicinity?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
The only fishing you should do should involve coeds, disposable cameras and cheap beer. Get to work son.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Well, Ive seen Havasu fished on TV before. What I remember were guys using spinner baits and casting at shallow grass areas near the shore. They were getting some bass, but nothing big.

TSchultz

Chimp
Sep 2, 2003
S. MN
Trust me there will be gratuitous amounts of ta ta fishing going on, with maybe the occasional adult beverage.:cheers:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Watching fishing on TV is worse than watching golf on TV. You take a lazy sport and make it even less active, that's bad.

The only thing I would consider worse would be watching paint dry on TV.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Watching fishing on TV is worse than watching golf on TV. You take a lazy sport and make it even less active, that's bad.

The only thing I would consider worse would be watching paint dry on TV.
Im not sure what the big deal is. If you like to learn about different places to fish and how to fish when you get there, it's not bad at all for that. Or you know, if you just like fishing, it can be interesting to see what people catch.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
People watch fishing and golfing on TV for the same reason they watch any professional sports on TV...entertainment value, educational value and escapist value. If you really enjoy a sport, you likely find its intricacies interesting. Watching pros do it allows you to pick up on minute details and techniques that are lost on the casual viewer. Seeing it when you are not able for whatever reason to do it yourself at that time allows you to experience it vicariously and gets you amped for when you next can.

Do you all actually watch freeride videos while churning away on the fargin' stairmaster or do you sit around to do so with buddies over beer?

Anyhow, if you play your cards right, there'll be plenty of time to enjoy the pursuit of both types of fish. = )