Quantcast

Anybody had their hands on one of these?

Oct 9, 2006

Might have a chance at geting one of these for next to nothing or possibly the new DBR g-boxx bike. Just curious if it worth paying the shipping from China.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
I guess that would depend on what shipping is? If shipping is a $100, then hell yeah it's worth it. You could gain a pretty decent profit from parting it out on e-bay. Then again, you may like the bike and just keep it, bottom line, I'd get it if shipping was a decent cost.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
i doubt shipping will not be 100 dollars, i just talked to orange about shipping a frame and they want 160pounds just for the rear end!!!!! uk is usually really expensive regardless but i think china could be even further.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
It costs about $300usd to ship a frame from the UK to Canada, but only about $125 in reverse. UPS is weird that way. Who knows what it would cost direct from the factory in China, my guess wouldn't be cheap though.

Oct 9, 2006
I know the whole it would be worth it to part it out on ebay thing, but I was curious if anybody had ever ridden one and how they handled. I would be getting it through a friend as a favor free and not selling. The build kit is decent but not superb but well worth the couple hundred dollars it would cost to get it here. So if anyone has ridden one of these I would love a little feed back since every DB I have seen is a piece of crap from wally world.

thejames

Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
austin
i still have a strike from 2005, it rides pretty decent, it is a little more suited for tight slow stuff, but the quality of the travel is very good. the headtube is pretty tall, but everything else feels good.