Quantcast

Anybody in Whistler July 9-17?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
The yearly pilgrimage to Whistler will soon take place. I will be there with DHJay on a white Super 8 and electric red Boxxer, TankerX on black BMW Mini Link FQ and myself on a black IH Sunday and 05 WC boxxer. If any of you monkeys are there say hello or come fore a ride.

Its my third year in row but the longest stay so far man I am so happy already :o:

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
A bunch of industry folk will be there from the 7th to the 11th for the H3 Symposium. Weagle and I will be there from e13. Come find us if you can . . . Dave will be the one throwing unintentional flip-whips off the GLC drop.
:)
--JP

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
I'll be missing the prime time to be hitting Whistler due to having to spend a decent amount of $'s to fly back to the UK for a friends wedding. Otherwise I would have been there for at least a day or two.
Enjoy it.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Funny you were both there same time as me last year - you copy cats.

John will you bring a Boxxer stem for me :) We can do a barter with draft beer.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
First week of August for me.

And now that you guy's have got me thinking about it, I'm having a hard time working.
So, I'm here... posting on RM.. teasing myself even more..

8it

Chimp
Apr 6, 2003
NYC
CBJ who do you get to spoon DHJay or TankerX (inquiring minds want to know). Or did you guys arrange for 3 beds this time.

I'll be up there Aug. 31 thru July 13 with a bunch of guys from BrooklynBikeriders.com, look for the brown, blue and black jerseys. Any monkeys out there make sure to look me up and we'll take some runs (of the DH or Beer variety). I'm on a black Chumba Wumba F4 with Silver Boxxer Team.
I can't FREAKING WAIT!! My first time at Whislter and I'm staying 2 weeks!!!

8it

Chimp
Apr 6, 2003
NYC
8it said:
I'll be up there Aug. 31 thru July 13
Strike that reverse it, I'll be there July 31 thru Aug. 13.
You see whistler has got me going crazy already, next thing you know I'll be riding my downhill bike uphills!

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I'll be up there next week with 3 of my homies. First time, can't wait :heart:
Hope to see some of you :dancing:

Connundrum1

Monkey
Mar 11, 2005
Gold River, Sac Town, CA
everyone should get ridemonkey stickers (unless they already have em) on bikes so you can identify people easily. i'll be expecting some tips from you guys leaving tomorrow on conditions up there and best places to party afterwards.

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Well, Velocity Girl and I are pretty easy to spot. We'll look like this unless it's muddy, then we'll be wearing all black TLD gear. So if you see us, say Hi!

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Ok here is the deal. Whoever has the guts to do it. Stand right before the lift lines, and yell RIDEMONKEY!!! I will so do it if I don't get a whole bunch of strang looks. Will someone approach me if I did it?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
priceseliger14 said:
Ok here is the deal. Whoever has the guts to do it. Stand right before the lift lines, and yell RIDEMONKEY!!! I will so do it if I don't get a whole bunch of strang looks. Will someone approach me if I did it?
You will be swarmed by beautifull Whistler girls - Ridemonkey is HOT.

PoserNewbie

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Lower Mainland, BC
priceseliger14 said:
No, I ment will anyone on the board approach me. I don't have to scream Ridemonkey for them to come amd ~play~ with me.
I think you guys would have no problem spotting people on a weekday as there's barely any lineup. On the weekend, you're yelling method wouldn't work unless you're planning to do it everytime you're in the lineup.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Connundrum1 said:
everyone should get ridemonkey stickers (unless they already have em) on bikes so you can identify people easily. i'll be expecting some tips from you guys leaving tomorrow on conditions up there and best places to party afterwards.
My party after riding lifts from open to close involves an hour or two at the dirtjumps and then falling on my face in the condo from exhaustion.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Freak said:
Well, Velocity Girl and I are pretty easy to spot. We'll look like this unless it's muddy, then we'll be wearing all black TLD gear. So if you see us, say Hi!
Or the Oneal jerseys, or the white/green Rockgardn jerseys :D I think that pretty much covers are aresenal of clothing for this season!

My helmet will be a big diff though. Should be dark purple base with blue flowers on it, maybe some flames....I'll know more tonight or tomorrow once I get it back from the paint shop :D

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
priceseliger14 said:
No, I ment will anyone on the board approach me. I don't have to scream Ridemonkey for them to come amd ~play~ with me.
Wait are you gonna scream "Ridemonkey!" or "Ride my monkey!?!?!" :D

I probably won't be online at all while I'm up there, will report sometime after. Will be looking looking out for fellow monkeys up there. We tend to spend a little quality post-ride time up at GLC and some of the other bars.

Tonight: Packing, and margaritas. Tomorrow: Road trippin'. Saturday: The fun begins. :dancing: :dancing: