Quantcast

anybody using Havoc 35?

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Looking for thoughts and feedback on Havoc 35 bars and stem. I'm intrigued by the light weight and added stiffness. Anybody using it? Is it a worthwhile upgrade? Or will it just make me realize that my front wheel and fork are flexier than I thought? I found favorable reviews on Vital and Bike Radar, but I'm put off by the fact that this new "standard" has been out for over a year and there have not been any other manufacturers to jump on the bandwagon. I'm not a particularly heavy or abusive rider (6'1", 185lbs), so I wonder if it would just be overkill (especially considering that I would cut the bars to 760 or 750mm).

Last edited:

Floor Tom

Monkey
Sep 28, 2009
New Zealand
Used them for a season in Canada, very stiff bar. Probably too much for bike park riding where you are smashing runs all day, makes the hands a bit sorer than they need to be. Good for DH racing though, light and stiff. I cut mine to 770.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
I've noticed the Lapierre team not using theirs, but using the Havoc carbon old style in stead.
Wonder why that is - too stiff?

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
i asked about this not too long ago as i was thinking about putting it on my build.

from what i understand, you wont really benefit anything from this unless you want a stiffer cockpit (or if you feel your 31.6 bar isnt up to your standards)..