Quantcast

Anybody want to buy a house in Denver?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'll give you $6000 for the front porch, back door, and two support beams.

I'd buy the whole thing, but it looks flexy :think:

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
where the hell are the moderators, shouldnt this be in Buy and Sell.

What is this place coming to?

Will you trade? I have some old LX cranks and some used tires.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
What incentives? To sweeten the deal, include your wife.

Enjoy St. Louis or wherever it is you're going thta doesn't have riding :blah:

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
LordOpie said:
What incentives? To sweeten the deal, include your wife.

Enjoy St. Louis or wherever it is you're going thta doesn't have riding :blah:
You guys are as funny as a barrell of monkeys. Oh wait...I guess that's what you are :blah:

Yeah, StL is where we're headed, but we're still a few months out. Plan is to sell the house and move into an apt. Once that's done, I'm going to start looking for a job back in StL. We figure that we don't need the stress of trying to find a job and sell the house at the same time. Plus my current job has great health insurance, so with the wife prego we want to hold onto that. We aren't too concerned with leaving quickly. We're taking our time.

StL and surrounding areas has riding. Especially for a roadie like you. Back roads of MO awesome. Really swoopy and twisty. Good stuff for a roadie. If you like that sort of thing :blah:

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Andyman_1970 said:
Is that the normal price for a house in Denver, 300K?
For houses in our area, our agent determined the price based on comps ranging from 290K to 410K. Basically when it comes to older homes like ours (built in 1910) it all comes down to fit and finish. Our agent determined ours to be well above average, so that's what he/we based the price on.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Hmmmmmmmmm.........STL? What makes you want to move there? That has probably been answered somewhere else already..... but I haven't been around. We need to try to get together and ride with or without the kids sometime before you leave.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Morryjg said:
Hmmmmmmmmm.........STL? What makes you want to move there? That has probably been answered somewhere else already..... but I haven't been around. We need to try to get together and ride with or without the kids sometime before you leave.
Family. We're both from StL and the call of the Grandmothers has become too strong to resist. Child #2 is on the way and we both want a stronger support circle. I have a few extended relatives up in Loveland, but no one here in Denver.

I'm hoping to get out and ride Sunday. Not sure where. Maybe Hall. Maybe Apex. I haven't ridden in weeks, so I'll be doggin it, but that's ok.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
TN said:
why did ya decide to move?
pixelninja said:
Family. We're both from StL and the call of the Grandmothers has become too strong to resist. Child #2 is on the way and we both want a stronger support circle. I have a few extended relatives up in Loveland, but no one here in Denver.
It's a b*tch reading an entire thread, ain't it ;)

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Transcend said:
Not to mention leaving the mountains. I only lived there for 4 years, it was murder to move back out east. Good luck in St Louis man!
Yeah, its gonna suck. I've been here for 5 years, and its gonna be hard. :(

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
TN said:
time to put the nugglets away.
NEVER!!!

Actually, with everything going on in my life right now, I've cut waaaaay back. I'll be sitting there getting stressed and think to myself, "a nice fatty would do wonders for my stress level right about now". Then I partake and it doesn't help and then I get all stressed about that too. There's a time and a place for everything I guess.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Berryman in the fall!

We can hit the skatepark the next day.

Midsouth XC Monkeyfest?

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
DNA said:
Berryman in the fall!

We can hit the skatepark the next day.

Midsouth XC Monkeyfest?
Berryman IS a cool trail. Long enough and nice n flowy. Hopefully its in as good of shape as the last time I rode it (6 years ago).

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
SkaredShtles said:
3-1/2 hours from Pixel right this second. Although there's probably alot more snow this time of year.
Whoop-dee frikkin' do!

When he moves to the Lou, he will be 3.5 hours from this...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
my IQ dwindled just looking at it.

do other cultures have similarly hideous aspects to them? or just redneck america?
Naw - all cultures have it. It's just not so obviously glorified as it is here. In America, stupidity rules. You watch The Apprentice - you should know these things. ;)

-S.S.-

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
narlus said:

do other cultures have similarly hideous aspects to them? or just redneck america?
Are you kidding me? After living in Europe you didn't realize they invented White Trash?

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
narlus said:

I'm sure other cultures have them. It just seems that America glorifies its hideous aspects more.

Andy yes, Brandson is HIDEOUS.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
pixelninja said:
Andy yes, Brandson is HIDEOUS.
Thankfully, they put in a bypass so you don't have to drive through it anymore when heading to Cass, Ark. for downhill races.