Quantcast

Anybody watched this?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Limiting funding for parties is a great start. They also need to make it a viable system however. I bet if i walked into a district in Arizona and was a citizen and wanted to run, they wouldn't give me the funding. "unknown, no support" etc. You probably have to already have some sort of notoriety or else everyone would be looking for handouts, and a lot of nutters woudl be wasting money running for office. It is a start however.

The next step is to remove party voter registration, followed closely by removal of the electoral college.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
political TV advertising should be banned.

No one's learning anything from 'em and it's just poisonous. The only TV exposure should be debates or interviews. Require at least two candidates to be involved.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
political TV advertising should be banned.

No one's learning anything from 'em and it's just poisonous. The only TV exposure should be debates or interviews. Require at least two candidates to be involved.
Completely agreed. They should then receive electric shocks when they blurt out incorrect "facts", bold faced lies or simply speak out of turn.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Completely agreed. They should then receive electric shocks when they blurt out incorrect "facts", bold faced lies or simply speak out of turn.
awesome!

I'd pay to see that... especially Bush. Tho his attempt at dialog does seem like he's receiving electroshock :D

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
awesome!

I'd pay to see that... especially Bush. Tho his attempt at dialog does seem like he's receiving electroshock :D
The pay per view would be more than worth the $19.95. Maybe prompt US the viewer to have a shot of (drink of choice) when bush makes up a word too? With a running total of made up words, lies etc.

Oct 7, 2005
Bozeman MT
Limiting funding for parties is a great start. They also need to make it a viable system however. I bet if i walked into a district in Arizona and was a citizen and wanted to run, they wouldn't give me the funding. "unknown, no support" etc. You probably have to already have some sort of notoriety or else everyone would be looking for handouts, and a lot of nutters woudl be wasting money running for office. It is a start however.

The next step is to remove party voter registration, followed closely by removal of the electoral college.

As far as I know you have to gather the required number of $5 contributions from the electorate to be a candidate for public funding.