Quantcast

Anyone check out 44 Bike Co's offering?

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
Outside of my obvious love for all things EWR....I'm a short guy and EWR's now doing a small run of Size Small 29'ers....Although I'm not totally sold on 29ers for me...YET....

I like this offering as well...

http://www.44bikeco.com/

I'm not associated with him...just dig his designs... (Check out his drop outs on his blog!)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
That'd be the work of Kris Henry - nice stuff.

Oh and by the way - I know you are also a fan of Sinister frames - see my post in the Sinister forum asking about a run of small Simon Bars

Oh and then again - you have another great option with the work that Ted Wojcik is doing these days. ;)

Kris is actually building out of Ted's shop right now - mainly on Fridays when he gets free time away from his full time BlackCapStudio job.

I like the looks of Kris' Snake Driver very much.

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
Yup! Saw your post.
Very interesting........
Been keeping up with Ted's work as well...

Might just be that this short rider may have to keep getting tuned into this 29'er stuff! Just may be in my future....And, of course....I'm ALWAYS all about doing things from the Right (east) Coast! :cheers:

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
The bikes look nice, seem to get better with each one he builds. I like his ideas about geometry and sizing. The drops look sweet, similar to the system that the Simon Bar uses to change between geared and single speed.
Good to know he is working with Ted.

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
Driver's Lic. says 5' 7" but, the older that I get, the less core muscle tone I have, the more the gut shows from too much hopped bev. intake....
I'd guess that I'm hunched over to 5' 6" now.

BUT....I have a VERY short inseam. In reality, about 28". 30" inseam Khaki's hemmed down to 29" look normal on me.
I have that, "did you wrestle in high-school?", stocky build.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Driver's Lic. says 5' 7" but, the older that I get, the less core muscle tone I have, the more the gut shows from too much hopped bev. intake....
I'd guess that I'm hunched over to 5' 6" now.

BUT....I have a VERY short inseam. In reality, about 28". 30" inseam Khaki's hemmed down to 29" look normal on me.
I have that, "did you wrestle in high-school?", stocky build.
And what are you riding right now for bikes?

An EWR and what else?

Have you given 650b much thought?

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
An EWR... and the same EWR.... Old school, one of the last EWR's made in 1997. As "updated" as I can make it. Well, and a Surly Cross Check for non-MTB stuff.

But, I'm currently thinking about (gasp!) a 26" fully as the next rig.

Just got back from my LBS and was holding a new, EWR OWB 26er in my hands too. Shirk's Bike Shop in East Earl, PA (you may have seen the one page article on them a while back in BIKE mag.) They have one in each size of 26 and 29'er. The only reason that I didn't jump on a 26er immediately when they came back is that they were/still are only doing Med & Lg in the 26'ers.

NOW...EWR's going to do a limited number of size SMALL OWB 29ers and a 29er with horizontal drops.

Still not convinced that big hoops are for me yet. But, that may have to do with the fact that the only ones that I've been on were for too short a period of time and they were def. bikes that were too big for me.