Quantcast

Anyone doing the Hotter 'N Hell Hundred?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Wichita Falls, TX; on Friday, Aug. 27.... race 100 km or 100 miles in 100+ degree west Texas heat.

There's a NORBA MTB race as well!
Hotter'N Hell weekend includes an off road route as well. The start is adjacent to the 100 mile start. The off-road route starts on 2nd street at Scott. The trail will be open all day but will be swept for survivors at 6 PM on Friday and 1 PM on Saturday. There are some narrow places on the trail so large groups will need to string out. The trail is best described as tight single track with quick short climbs and drops. The route is fun but riders are reminded that these nature trails are on natural surfaces surrounded by trees, water, wild animals, pointy objects and poison ivy. Off-roading requires skill and caution on the part of the rider.
What is the HHH?

The Hotter ''N Hell Hundred is now the largest sanctioned century bicycle ride in the nation - and possibly the world. In 2003, 7,553 people from across the nation participated in the endurance ride.

Linky:
http://www.hh100.org/index.shtml

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
chicodude01 said:
id do it, but my 25 year old ten speed isnt adaquite
Last century I did I saw some lady at the last rest stop on a 3-speed. Oh, and she had both brake levers on the same side because she only had one arm.