Quantcast

Anyone else having problems with Maxxis UST tires?

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Riding today, I slashed my 3rd UST tire in about a week. I didnt have stans in it but I had stans in the last two. I guess the stans is just drying up or something and not sealing the puncture. Should I use more stans or what? Anyone else got suggestions? Im leaving for Idaho and really need to figure out something for that course.

BTW who else is headed to Idaho or Snowmass?

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
I have always been told Michelins have trouble with sidewalls. My Michelins(tubeless) have been running great all season with no problems.

With the speed Maxxis tires wear, your tires probably needed replaced anyways :p

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
My Tubeless Maxxis's have been running fine despite the odd sharp rock here and there, no Stan's either.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
biker3 said:
So I take it you guys dont have problems slicing tires? Do you both run tubeless setups?
I have been running Michelins tubeless for 2 years without any sidewall failure.
I know other people who have messed them up. So, I don't know if I lucky or
its a riding style thing or whatever, but for me, Michelin's UST system works great.

Apr 26, 2004
Ive been using a tubeless highroller since feb with no problems. I also use stans with it, but it dont dry up that quickly...it should last 2-3 months before drying. I usually put a good glugg in each tyre so maybe all you need is more.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yeah, I had been running Maxxis UST tubeless and I never had problems with slashing the sidewalls, but I switched back to regular tires. I can't keep rims in good enough shape to seal the tire properly.