Quantcast

Anyone else think this is a huge rip off?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
dh girlie said:
I keep hearing radio ads about naming a star after someone for 55 bucks. They even record it in BOOK FORM in the US copy right office...whoooaaaa.... :rolleyes:
:angry:

Well that is just great! :( There goes your B-Day present......

:) The Rhino Star has a nice ring to it

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
yeah. ripoff i say...that is unless you wanna be all cheesy like "Ya see that baby? Thats your star. I got it for you. Isnt it beautiful. Take your pants off"

Then i could see it.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
BurlySurly said:
yeah. ripoff i say...that is unless you wanna be all cheesy like "Ya see that baby? Thats your star. I got it for you. Isnt it beautiful. Take your pants off"

Then i could see it.
BUt then wouldn't that be like paying 55 for a hooker :p

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I personally think it is cool, these stars have numbers currently like RZ59997823719003295X or some crap, so to name them after an actual being is cool. And FYI, most of them are named after people no longer "of this realm" so to sort of think that they are now "in the cosmos" is kinda cool (to me at least) I lost my only brother to melanoma at 25 yrs. old and his fiancé had a star named after him and there is a sweet plaque thing on the wall at my parents house that tells you the old name of the star and the new name and some other cool info, it is a really cool looking thing in a nice frame and all. It is styled like and old fashioned map of the stars. So I think for $50, all-in-all it is pretty cool, depending on the circumstances of course.