Quantcast

Anyone ever been to Are?

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Thinking of a holiday next month, a week staying with Dreamride Holidays. Good riding? Worth going?

Am googling it as we speak, but thought I'd check out to see if there were any personal recommendations on here :)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Isn't Sweeden like very expensive? At least compared to French/Austrian resorts?

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Somewhere different to go though, the world is bigger than the Alps (which I've been to numerous times). Plus two of my friends are already going.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Well, not particularly cheap, but certainly cheaper than going to Whistler again. About 1.5x the price of flying to the alps though.

matsO

Monkey
Aug 26, 2006
just came home after a 11 hour car drive from Åre. The riding is sweet on the high area of the mountain with trails on the rock etc. Further down you have some trails in the wood. If you are looking at built trails they have the Shimano trail with big berms and jumps.
The DH-track is rough, fast and steep, but quite old wich means it is beaten up in some parts.

Hafjell is also good, but they do not have comparable riding to the high area in Åre! Hafjell has two VERY good natural tracks in Old School and Grassloypa and good built tracks as Boulder loypa, Mo Town, expressen and Park loypa.

If you are in Sweden/Norway more than a week then go to both.

Gallain

Monkey
Dec 28, 2001
Sweden
Moved to Åre last year. I just love it here. Lots of good trails, yes some are old but they are good anyway. They are building more trails every year. Check out the homepage adn welcome here. www.arebikepark.se