Quantcast

Anyone ever surf central or southern Baja?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm looking for somewhere to go surfing in December for Christmas. I've never surfed anything other than San Diego/TJ when it comes to the West Coast. Anyone ever done a trip down there? Know of any good spots?

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Last time I surfed mex, I hit up San Quentin just a little past Ensenada. It's a small fishing village, but the reef breaks just down a ways from the town were wicked. While the wife and kids played on the beach, I was out on the waves with my brother and brother in law. There was a hurricane somewhere in the pacific that sent huge swells. My wife has a pic of me on top of a huge wave about to get owned. I'll try to track it down.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
K38's south of rosarito is a great place, bunch of breaks around that area and only an hour south of SD. plenty of camping and cheap lobster dinners.

Last edited:

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
Depending on how far south you go, there are some really great spots on the Pacific side opposite Cabo. I can't remember the name of the beach, but it offered up a fun right hander off a rocky point and a bunch of left beach breaks. It is south of Todos Santos.

It is really bugging me that I cant remember the name of the place.

GOT IT: Cerritos!

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Depends on what you're after. Las Gaviotas is a fun gated community with private houses for rent slightly north of Ensenada. K38 is fun if you're looking for more of a camping trip. There's a handful of other places, but Mex is getting less and less American friendly. Jalama is a good choice for a state-side trip.

With that said, a trip my brother and I went on just outside of Erendria probably ranks as the best trip I've ever been on.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I was hoping to find somewhere for Christmas that I could take the girl for some surfing and some hanging out. A beach side cabana or shack would work for me, but she needs a shower and a bathroom.

She's a little pensive about the unfriendly vibe towards Americans down there. I don't worry too much, but she sweats things like that for fear of being kidnapped. I think she's delusional, but she's from AZ and I am from NV, so I have to defer to her on somethings.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I was hoping to find somewhere for Christmas that I could take the girl for some surfing and some hanging out. A beach side cabana or shack would work for me, but she needs a shower and a bathroom.

She's a little pensive about the unfriendly vibe towards Americans down there. I don't worry too much, but she sweats things like that for fear of being kidnapped. I think she's delusional, but she's from AZ and I am from NV, so I have to defer to her on somethings.
Jesus Christ, would you listen to yourself?
This new girl of yours seems to be exerting quite a bit of control over you, based this and some other recent posts. Get out NOW!
You've been down this road. You know where it goes...

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
Kidnappers only take people with tons of money... us poor people, they leave us alone... the more to the south you get, the more gringo loving folks your gonna find.