Quantcast

Anyone going to Monster Park?

SD_TMTB

Chimp
Jun 26, 2005
Raleigh, NC
BigMike said:
I'm there, racing/riding fri/sat, Watching Sunday!

Who else is going?
Should be headin up on thursday.
I'll most likely be there for the same deal...

lookin forward to Monster Park

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
psychobiker said:
you might want to call but i hope all the bike park stuff will be open
t-pro said that al of that side would be open but he didn't say about the dh side. i pm'ed hin

specializedride said:
ill be there wedness to part of friday! what trails will be closed on the dh side for race practice/race?
Typically in the other races the only thing they close is the actual race course and the only day it is closed is Friday practice and Saturday for the race. You can't get on there without a number plate. Everything else will be open.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
jonnynails said:
Typically in the other races the only thing they close is the actual race course and the only day it is closed is Friday practice and Saturday for the race. You can't get on there without a number plate. Everything else will be open.

ok, thanks. i just have never been up there for a practice day. how do you get to the trails after the lift ride up then new trail to get to stp or something?

specializedride said:
ok, thanks. i just have never been up there for a practice day. how do you get to the trails after the lift ride up then new trail to get to stp or something?
They usually route you down cupp cake to Westridge road and then there is a marshall at the taped off race course and he'll tell you when it is ok to cross and you can hit the rest of the trails from there. Sounds like it will be a little different this race because we have been racing down the pro course and this race will be on a modified sport course.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
T-Pro said:
This course will route down STP to Ball n' Jack. It will not route down Sweet Dreams or Powerline. You will have to access those trails via Rock Garden trail off of STP coming from Snowshoe Dr. Snowshoe Dr. is the main road up the mountain which riders will have to either take the shuttle and drop off there or ride Snowshoe Dr. down to it (STP). The Pro course, hare ball, quick draw, birdland, bear pen, etc... will all be rideable. This course does make accessing sweet dreams and powerline a bit more difficult, but the demand from the racers to run this course was great enough to make the decision this for one race.

Hope this answers your questions, let me know if you have any more.
Trevyn
thats what t-pro said in the pm. sounds a little different.