Quantcast

Anyone happen to have any info on this stunt?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Found this on fugging Pinkbike, of all places. Check out the tranny...it's curved. And it's a no-gap bomb drop(not a big fan of those). I just wanna know how it turned out, and what is off the right edge(rider's left) of that tranny. Rocks? Flat? A hole? A cliff?

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
18ft to flat with a pancake on its head...

(is there supposed to be a picture or something?)

edit: there it is. I don't know. :) Looks pretty stupid to me.

cederrowe

Monkey
Feb 18, 2006
portland, oregon
Looking photoshopped to me for some reason, were did the front of his tire go? Lay the picture on it's side and it starts to come together. Yo have a link for it?

cederrowe

Monkey
Feb 18, 2006
portland, oregon
Look at the blur on the back of his helmut and back, looking kinda funny. Second why is this the only nice pic in his album? Third he doesn't even know the riders name? Smelling fishy

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Read the description on the pics. He overshot a DIRTJUMP. Good grief. Even in the pic this thread is about he states the rider is UNKNOWN. Now please stop helping!

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
If they were shooting footage or something, or if the kid was just out of his league, I doubt he would walk up and start taking names. Besides, not just anyone an waltz into Whistler and start building stunts, can they? I'm thinking he was more than some kid on Pinkbike.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
cederrowe said:
If they were shooting footage for a film he might not know the name, but would for sure know the location, IE; trail
It says Whistler...I never knew the name of the trail I was riding unless it was A-Line.

Maybe its not really that close to a named trail...

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
THRILLSEEKA said:
What the hell's your problem, dude?
I think he's upset that it's been almost an hour and the UPS guy hasn't returned his voicemail regarding dinner and dancing tonight.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
cederrowe said:
If they were shooting footage for a film he might not know the name, but would for sure know the location, IE; trail
OR...he poached the pic from another site. Which is why I'm asking for more info. I wanna see more of this stunt if it's true. Don't get to see quality tech very often.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
THRILLSEEKA said:
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/800672/

No, it's a pretty straight forward shot. His fork/wheel are behind a hooked tree/shrub growing out of the face.
You mean the tree that is growing at a 45 Degree angle... like all the trees in trees/shrubs/grass in the picture. Yes I agree that the image is real... but look at the plants, the gravel on the side of the transition, the mystery item that looks like someone's stuff just behind the transition.

Seriously man - IT'S PINKBIKE... that picture has been altered (rotated) to make it look cooler.

Stinkyboy - can you rotate that so that the plant in the top right of the photo is growing straight UP?

cederrowe

Monkey
Feb 18, 2006
portland, oregon
THRILLSEEKA said:
OR...he poached the pic from another site. Which is why I'm asking for more info. I wanna see more of this stunt if it's true. Don't get to see quality tech very often.
I'm sure he poached, just the photo looks funny. Plus it is a pretty serious line and I have never seen photos of it before. One of those things were it would be posted everywhere.

cederrowe

Monkey
Feb 18, 2006
portland, oregon
That looks alot better, notice how his foot in the pink bike photo was pointed straight down? funny position for doing a drop. When stinky boy rotated it now his foot is flat and in a more natural position

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Slugman said:
You mean the tree that is growing at a 45 Degree angle... like all the trees in trees/shrubs/grass in the picture. Yes I agree that the image is real... but look at the plants, the gravel on the side of the transition, the mystery item that looks like someone's stuff just behind the transition.

Seriously man - IT'S PINKBIKE... that picture has been altered (rotated) to make it look cooler.

Stinkyboy - can you rotate that so that the plant in the top right of the photo is growing straight UP?
Explain the erosion lines in the bottom left corner.

The 'stuff' stashed in the bushes looks like a guy with his arm over his head. Maybe shielding his eyes because he's looking into the sun.

Plants don't care which way is up. They care where the sunlight is.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I'm not saying it LOOKS totally true, what I'm saying is: "Anyone ever seen this stunt before? Is it real?" It looks "true" to me, but tweaked somehow. Like either the camera angle, the lense used, or I don't know. The roll-in in the original pic is about 30 degrees downhill. I doubt it's a booter, so it can't be rotated very much if it is. And if it IS rotated, then he's landing on a near flat berm??? That sounds stranger to me than just a mondo techy drop on weird terrain.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Wumpus said:
Explain the erosion lines in the bottom left corner.
Water runs downhill. I’m not saying that this is supposed to be FLAT, but it just looks tweeked.

Wumpus said:
The 'stuff' stashed in the bushes looks like a guy with his arm over his head. Maybe shielding his eyes because he's looking into the sun.
Doesn’t look like a person to me, and if it is they are in a weird position to be on such a steep slope – even if covering their face from the sun…

Wumpus said:
Plants don't care which way is up. They care where the sunlight is.
But their leaves and branches tend to lean/grow towards the light since that is where they get their nutrients from. I’m no Botanist, but I rarely see plants that grow away from the sun…

BTW – how about that gravel that has settled into the corner of that near vertical transition? That’s some talented F’ing gravel…

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Yeah, sometin's funny.
That "person" nest to the tranny actually DOES look like a peep to me, but it looks like the top of a guys head and that he's possibly wearing a camelbak?
I'm thinking photographer is level with rider, 20'ish drop, wideangle lens? And possibly some tweaking by our beloved Average American Pinkbiker?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I'm not really concerend about the plants growing all funny. Even around here, when the ground caves, or slides, the plants still grow from the top soil, and in any direction they can.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
THRILLSEEKA said:
Yeah, sometin's funny.
That "person" nest to the tranny actually DOES look like a peep to me, but it looks like the top of a guys head and that he's possibly wearing a camelbak?
I'm thinking photographer is level with rider, 20'ish drop, wideangle lens? And possibly some tweaking by our beloved Average American Pinkbiker?
I was thinking long lens with photog quite a ways away. The 'person' looks like 'he' might be taking a picture. If you rotate it the way slugman wants, he'd be on his belly which would be a weird position to take a picture of the action. I think the perspective from which the picture was taken gives a weird view of the tranny.

I dunno...Ive seen lots of trees/grass grow sideways like that when on a sluffing cliff..