Quantcast

Anyone have a Powertap computer for sale???

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
jesus son of a bitch. i built a Powertap SL up to a Blackwell Research 100 today...seriously, 6hrs.

started with the wrong spokes (thanks Bike-alog and QBP), made some calls and got the correct length (thanks Rich at wheelbuilder.com), then went through hell trying to spoke it. 100mm deep rim is stupid hard to lace, especially with hidden nipples.

for anyone ever wondering....

Pt SL 24h 2x to a BwR 100 = 214, 216mm spokes.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I discovered a hop in the wheel. I detensioned and low and behold, it's got a bad rim. I will call Cyclops tomorrow to determine cost of the unit, and I guess I will order a new rim. I don't know what I want to use. I hate to buy a Velocity Deep for it. I think I'll just go Open Pro and sell the front wheel.

The flanges are a pain in the ass too, Dustin. I laced an Open Pro to one with a trashed rim last night and it was irritating as can be.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
I'd love to get a power meter of any type, but I'm afraid to know what my actual power is- ignorance is bliss!!

Right now I tell myself I average 300 watts with 500 watt bursts and a 1200 watt sprint. Thank God there is not scientific evidence to prove otherwise:)

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Rim is toast on wheel and the hub is one of the old ones, so I am reasonably sure I have Julie talked into letting me buy one and offing the costs with birthday and Christmas cash.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I figure it will be a nice training tool, helping me get strong on the road, and buying it at cost means I won't lose much when I am done with it.
For the same dollars, you can buy a single-speed, get stronger -and- have another bike :D

Seriously, just commuting on my SS, my legs feel stronger than ever.