Quantcast

Anyone have Whistler pic's?

gooch

Monkey
May 16, 2002
Outside Seattle
Does anyone have any pic's from Whistler this year? I want to see some of the new stuff. I saw a pic of the new Green Monster being built but not done...

Thanks.......

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Sorry gooch, with only 6 hrs to ride on saturday i couldnt spare any time to take photos....:D

Some of my mental pictures of the new stuff i saw:
The new green monster is huge! 2 levels now. The same old height, maybe a bit taller, plus another 3' taller one on the left. It also looks like youll be able to do wall rides on the new tall side making back to back lines (left and right).

The biker cross course is different again, and most everyone agreed it wasnt so good... its still early though. Lots of BIG berms and tables. The finish jump is a hip. It was also apparent not everyone knows how to hit hips.

There are now 3 trails on hornet. The old one, a new bridge work trail, and whats now lower a-line. I hope they do something different to connect a-line to the new lower a-line. Having to ride 1/2 of hornet ruins the flow of what a-line is.

Dirt merchant. The new rock and lower trail. FUN. Dont be distracted by the last sign saying "gap jump". As i was reading it i just about went OTB. Its a small drop, but it just snuck up so fast. Also tghe lead in to DM there is a long wood ramp. Even in the wet it was real grippy.

Schleyer. New lead in on the ladder drop. Its smooth, but when a little wet a bit scarry.

I didnt get to see "smoke and mirrors" and a few of the closed trails....cant wait to explore more next trip....maybe then Garbanzo will be open......