Quantcast

Anyone here from Bulgaria or Belarus?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
My nephew married a "girl" originaly from Belarus, who moved to Bulgaria and calles herself Bulgarian.

anyway she is super abrasive and yesterday at New Year's dinner she started in with the racial and ethnic slurs... I explained that it wasn't funny or appropriate and she got super sh!tty. I wanted to explain to her, what using those terms was like.

anyone know an ethnic slur for someone from Bulgaria or Belarus?

thanks!

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
You're a stupid c*nt followed by a throat punch should convey your feelings, even if she doesn't understand the inappropriate nature of using slurs. You can bet your point will be taken and she won't use them around you again. After all, it's what she deserves.

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
I went on a few dates with a girl originally from Belarus. For whatever reason some day we started talking about WWII which i'm huge into. She was saying how Americans didn't really do anything, we didn't lose that many people, etc etc. I was like...you can't be serious... She came back with "Well one in every 4 people in Belarus was killed or captured"; to which I replied "Yeah well, that's because you're country sucks".

And for whatever reason, I haven't talked to her since. Whoops :banana:

They are a little weird over there.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Seems to me that placing the word "dirty" in front of their nationality seems to piss anyone off.

Dirty American
Dirty Canadian
Dirty Bulgarian

So do that, then throw your shoe at her.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
My nephew married a "girl" originaly from Belarus, who moved to Bulgaria and calles herself Bulgarian.

anyway she is super abrasive and yesterday at New Year's dinner she started in with the racial and ethnic slurs... I explained that it wasn't funny or appropriate and she got super sh!tty. I wanted to explain to her, what using those terms was like.

anyone know an ethnic slur for someone from Bulgaria or Belarus?

thanks!
I think the racist part of her insults is just a small component of her obliviousness. She could have been dropping F-bombs or just speaking bad about Aunt Mary, and if she doesn't respect her family enough to heed her uncle when he warns her to watch her language, I don't think explaining why certain slurs are offensive is important.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I think the racist part of her insults is just a small component of her obliviousness. She could have been dropping F-bombs or just speaking bad about Aunt Mary, and if she doesn't respect her family enough to heed her uncle when he warns her to watch her language, I don't think explaining why certain slurs are offensive is important.
I wasn't really looking to "teach" her so to speak! More like call her a fvcking piece of greencard digging sh!t! Or something like that!:twitch:

Things I have learned in this thread...

#1. Donkey punch, and throat punch is acceptable Although racial slurs are not!:huh:

#2. skyst3alth, dated an ingrate that looked like an inbred alien. (where is that barfing smilie when you need it? )

#3. Throwing yer shoe at someone transends all nationalities, and is the ultimate insult!

#4. Eurotrash may be the most fitting...

thanks RM... you guys rule! :thumb:

Aug 6, 2007
amish country
brunge....you have it all wrong. you are approaching this from the standpoint of an american. you need to think like a bulgarian. "Bulgarian cursing is based on a hybrid of nature references and non sequiturs. Most of the good ones read like Tourette's syndrome Mad Libs. They still embrace common baselines, but the modifiers around it are what really shine."

scroll down half way to get to Bulgarians, but should you have another cousin marry a b!tchy foreigner there are other nationalities represented.

http://www.cracked.com/article_16275_9-most-devastating-insults-from-around-world.html

my personal favorite is in the comments section..."Kon da ti go natrese, magare da te povtori, slon da te razpori!" - "May you be nailed by a horse, repeated by a donkey and ripped by an elephant!"