Quantcast

Anyone here knowledgable in Mushroom hunting?

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I know it is coming up on that season and wanted to get into hunting some edible mushrooms. Anyonw here know anything about it? (i.e., How to spot poisonous species)

Thanks

J

JRB

The best advice I can give you is don't eat any that are growing in schit. I prefer not to eat any period. They rank up there with sushi in my book. :blah:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Don't do it unless you are doing it in person with someone who has done it for a long time.

Bad mushrooms can do bad things to you...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I used to work on this horse farm. One warm and misty morning there were thousands of mushrooms on the schit pile. I ate one....

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Seriously, don't read a book and go out and do it.

Looking for mushrooms is like backcountry skiing...you can read about avalanches all you want, and you might avoid setting one off, but unless you're with someone who knows what they are doing, you're putting yourself in needless danger.

J

JRB

stosh said:
I used to work on this horse farm. One warm and misty morning there were thousands of mushrooms on the schit pile. I ate one....

Explanations are no longer needed.

Like dh girlie says, any attention. I'm gonna just start lurkin so she quits baggin on me. :think:

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Silver said:
Don't do it unless you are doing it in person with someone who has done it for a long time.

Bad mushrooms can do bad things to you...
That is what I had hoped to do. I have been reading a bit about which varieties to look out for.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco-gringo said:
Explanations are no longer needed.

Like dh girlie says, any attention. I'm gonna just start lurkin so she quits baggin on me. :think:
bout time

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
stosh said:

I could just picture Stosh as Ralph Wiggams twin brother, Stanley Wiggam...(from the Simpson's for those of you not in the know) using the same voice Ralph does...

Stanley Wiggam: Mrs. Krabapple...I found thousands of mushrooms on the schit pile this morning...

Mrs. Krabapple: And WHY are you sharing that with us Stanley...

Stanley Wiggam: Because I ate one...then the leprechaun in the sandbox told me to burn things...and then I gave up my balls to my imaginary girlfriend...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
I could just picture Stosh as Ralph Wiggams twin brother, Stanley Wiggam...(from the Simpson's for those of you not in the know) using the same voice Ralph does...

Stanley Wiggam: Mrs. Krabapple...I found thousands of mushrooms on the schit pile this morning...

Stanley Wiggam: Because I ate one...then the leprechaun in the sandbox told me to burn things...and then I gave up my balls to my imaginary girlfriend...
"now everything tastes like burning"

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jdcamb said:
Didn't you see his vacation fotos? Shes not so imaginary anymore.... Hmmm me thinks dh girlie has a thing for Ol' :stosh: Funny stuff......jdcamb
Nah, she makes out with Brians wife!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
jdcamb said:
Didn't you see his vacation fotos? Shes not so imaginary anymore.... Hmmm me thinks dh girlie has a thing for Ol' :stosh: Funny stuff......jdcamb
No, he's just good at photoshop...actually...I know Stosh has a real live girlfriend...in fact, he once emailed me a picture of the two of them...the infamous shot of her snatching his balls...no kidding...she snuck it right in while they were posing for a picture (by the way stosh, you SHOULD post that picture) Anyway, no I don't have a thing for Ol' Stosh, it's just fun messin with him...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
No, he's just good at photoshop...actually...I know Stosh has a real live girlfriend...in fact, he once emailed me a picture of the two of them...the infamous shot of her snatching his balls...no kidding...she snuck it right in while they were posing for a picture (by the way stosh, you SHOULD post that picture) Anyway, no I don't have a thing for Ol' Stosh, it's just fun messin with him...
are you hitting on me?

J

JRB

dh girlie said:

I'm a little confused. Would this be a 90% or a 10% moment.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
That would be a rare 10% moment...I am a complete smart ass and Stosh is a really good sport at letting me abuse him. Course, he gets a good dig in ONCE in a while. ;)
See I don't really know enough about you to make fun of you. Me however I made the mistake once of airing my dirty laundry on the internet...... one day you'll slip and you'll be all mine.

J

JRB

stosh said:
See I don't really know enough about you to make fun of you. Me however I made the mistake once of airing my dirty laundry on the internet...... one day you'll slip and you'll be all mine.

That a boy. Jump on her when she is down. :rolleyes:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
dh girlie said:

bwhahahahahahahaaahahahaha!!

OMG, pure genius!.