Quantcast

anyone here ride jamis?

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
I know some guys who ride Jamis's. Their lower end versions of bikes like the Komodo 1.0 kinda fall apart under somewhat hard riding (i know a good 5 people with these bikes), but its just the components. I know 2 guys who have dakars, one has broken the swing arm 3 times and the other just broke his. Both of them got them quickly warrantied and got new swingarms. I'd say the diablo would be a pretty good buy. The only potential problem with the 2007 1.0 is the fork. Unless you have a deal on it, like its a used bike, you can spend $2300 elsewhere, like a norco shore or a bighit

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
a few years back, i had a jamis dakar. i never really liked the geometry, never got comfortable with the bike.

not only that, but the P.O.S. frame was built with weaksauce R.C. car bearings in the pivots, and i'd shatter bearings about once every two rides.:disgust1:

it looks like R.C. car bearings are in the diablo also.:clapping: yay!

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
We have a dealer in town and they sell bikes like crazy. He swares by the bikes and they come with really nice, quality parts. I have had a few minutes on the Diablo in a parking lot, and from what I remember, it felt really sold and rode pretty well.

six7seta

Chimp
Oct 12, 2006
st louis
are you planning on ridding it in STL only or doing some trips?
Mostly in STL for this year, next spring/summer I plan on going to Moab and Whistler.

A Jamis Diablo would be a little overkill for the hills here, but I'l like to have somthing that I can use else where.

six7seta

Chimp
Oct 12, 2006
st louis
oh, I wouldnt say im on a budget, but im still a newbie and not sure if i want to throw 3-4k on a top notch bike just yet. My current bike Ive changed to make it more downhill friendly, but still doesnt do a good job.

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Mostly in STL for this year, next spring/summer I plan on going to Moab and Whistler.

A Jamis Diablo would be a little overkill for the hills here, but I'l like to have somthing that I can use else where.
I was going to say, unless you have some secret stuff your hitting Chubb and Castle Wood wouldn't warrent that much bike, but if you only have one bike...

Skippy

Chimp
Nov 29, 2002
Tappan, NY
Hey Guys,
Well I work for Jamis so I am a bit one sided here but I can give you some info. The Diablo is a solid single piviot design, it pedales well, the low BB makes it great for corning and handling. With a short 165mm crank there is pleanty of clearance.
The bike hasent had a lot of press, but recently Kathy Pruitt has been winning races on a Jamis Diablo (Fontana National #1, US Open she got 3rd and she won the Out Of Bounds festival in Leogang, Austria) the Jordie Lunn has won a few races up in Canada on the Jamis Diablo.

Stay tuned for some new Diablo aftermarket parts coming soon...

If any of you have any questions please feel free to drop me a line.

Craig Hoyt
Jamis Bicycles

jhhubb

Chimp
Apr 19, 2006
the all mighty 303
I rode a Dakar XLT 3.0 for three years. Outside of braking the swingarm once, which was warrantied in a hurry (thanks jamis) it was my favorite bike to date. It was pretty lite, and I could rail it. If the diablo is anything like it you will be fine. Don't listen to the top shelf naysayers here most just want you to spend 3K+ on a new bike. Buy the diablo I'm sure you will enjoy it.