Quantcast

Anyone into pinball?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
My Girlfriends old man has the origional adams family game fully restored. that is my favorite just in front of the simpsons
what year do you know? is it the one with all of the vocal stuff?

stinkyboy said:
I like the elevated tube in that one! for 1979, that was pretty cool! excellent graphics too!

I haven't played that one in a LONG while...

I just got invited to a "pinball party" this Friday.

My favorite has to be the Williams made Cyclone of 1988. tons of elevated stuff and a sweet group of soundbites!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I love Pinball, but don't have a favorite Pinball machine to play. But I do prefer pinball machines over arcade video games.

That and a good game of big table air hockey and I'm all set!

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
My favorite pinball machines were the really complicated ones with 4+ flippers, multiple horizontal levels and sometimes vertical bonus areas. I don't remember the name of my favorite, but it was done up in a black knight/medievel theme and had digitized evil-sounding vocal and other auditory effects. I especially liked the ones where you could have multiple balls in play at once.

The ones I liked least were the old, rickety ones with wobbly legs that would "tilt" with even the most minor application of bump english.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Adams Family
Twilight Zone
Creature from the black lagoon
Fish Tales
T2 Judgement day
Cyclone
Whirlwind

I love pinball and can play for hours on end. I remember back when I was a grom I turned twilight zone over and left it with 5 extra balls and I was still on the first ball...ahh, free time....remember that?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
No Fear and Fish Tales.

BTW, I played my most pinball when I am unemployed....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I love Pinball, but don't have a favorite Pinball machine to play. But I do prefer pinball machines over arcade video games.
weRd. I love me a game of pinball! Not that I play all that often though.

I liked when games cost a quarter, or 50 cents for the "nice" machines. Now in places like Jillian's you have to buy a damn credit card to play. Meh. :disgust1:

Iron Mike

Chimp
Nov 3, 2006
Salt Lake City, UT
My machine is a 1986 Bally/Midway "City Slicker". It's a very rare and collectible pin as only 500 were made. It was one of the first solid-state games to offer (3) separate playfields and multiball. I have to learn how to post pictures!

S.n.a.k.e.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
N. Tonawanda, NY
My favorite pinball machines were the really complicated ones with 4+ flippers, multiple horizontal levels and sometimes vertical bonus areas. I don't remember the name of my favorite, but it was done up in a black knight/medievel theme and had digitized evil-sounding vocal and other auditory effects. I especially liked the ones where you could have multiple balls in play at once.

The ones I liked least were the old, rickety ones with wobbly legs that would "tilt" with even the most minor application of bump english.
llkoolkeg, I remember that machine, it was Black Knight. Digitized voice and thundering hooves! BLACK KNIGHT... :thumbsup:

thanks for the memory.
Marc

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I remember xenon having some voice over of some incredibly hot sounding chick..... If I am remembering correctly I played it just to hear her talk!!!

Heath, whirlwind was cool with the spinning disks.... I remember the disks spinning but cant remember, was that the one that magnetized the ball and gave it a sling? or was that the storm tracker game?

Nathan Cloud

Chimp
Jun 27, 2005
Burlington, CT
At work we have a simpsons pinball party machine and that thing ruled! (I say ruled because it needs a tune up and is currently somewhat unplayable)

I did enjoy the south park pinball as well.

Pinball, good.