Quantcast

Anyone know anything about TV antennas?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
So I have my spanky new HDTV in, and am trying to figure out this antenna. I have a full digital satt package, but i didn't want to pay for the HD package when I can get it over the air for free (and with MUCH better quality, as the cable/satt providers compress the heck out of it).

The new place i am moving into has a maze of antennas on the roof and i want to use a UHF/VHF pair to get in the HD channels available up here.

I need to find out tomorrow if it has a rotator motor on it. If it does, does it need a special controller box, or can I use any one that I can find at the local walmart?

The only times I have used a roof antenna was 20 years ago at my grandmothers house. You had to turn a huge dial on this thing that looked like a phone over the tv, and the antenna would turn to a certain spot and I could watch fraggle rock on sunday nights.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I never needed antennae, so I don't know.

Just curious do they have the mpeg4 satellite service up north yet?

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
I have the HD package through Dish Network, but the local channels are not available. I just bought a set of rabbit ears and plugged them into the external antenna input on my receiver. They work great.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I have the HD package through Dish Network, but the local channels are not available. I just bought a set of rabbit ears and plugged them into the external antenna input on my receiver. They work great.
Your local HD channels are probably broadcast within 70 miles of you right? All of my major networks (CBS, ABC, NBC etc) are northern us channels so I need a big ass antenna to get them at 90% or so and get lock.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Channel Master

Available from most reputable dealers. If you can't find it locally I can hook you up....
hey sorry thread resurrection time. Had too much other stuff going on recently to look into this. PM me, I have a few questions about the channel master 4030 antenna (powered indoor one). I may not bother with the roof thing if i can gte one of those to work just as well.