Quantcast

Anyone know where to go to get newly applied decals coated?

HowlerMonkey

Chimp
Nov 2, 2003
Hockeyland
I have tried a couple of places, but have had no luck. The clear coat process that the powder coat company I use say that the clear coat would adhere to the new paint very, very well - but not at all to the decals.
Anyone got any ideas? I know they'll get scratched eventually, but I am trying to do some nice work and would like to make it last. Cheers, oh and BTW, I asked the exact same question at MTBR and the 2 answers that I got were:

a: Wow. Ever ridden a bike before? and,

b: maybe don't ride it - this from a Moderator

I finally get a so-so answer, but also included is: "Well its a mountain bike, they tend to get scratches and dents" and "oh.. and its a mountainbike. Its supposed to be dirty."

This is followed up by the genius moderator,Formica , with: "it's called Ski Saver. Happy Now? Here's the link - have a laugh on me.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=2624865#poststop

This is why Ridemonkey is the place to be. Someone asks a question; they get a relevant answer. Cheers.

Dennis

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Walmart?

Believe it or not, if used with the right prep and under the right conditions (right temp and dust-free environment), it can give you a very good finish. Several light coats should build up a nice finish to keep your powder scratch-free for a while. That said, I'd leave the decals off. Unless the company is paying you to have them, why go through the time and $ to put them back on?

klutch

Monkey
Jan 25, 2007
dirty jersey
Den I just read that thread from mtbr...what a bunch of D!CKS...the "guys" on mtbnj... are like that too that's why I'm here. And admit it you guys are glad I'm here...