Quantcast

Anyone living at or near Snowshoe, WV?

xgirrrrl

Chimp
May 10, 2002
Tahoe! , Baby!
I am thinking about moving to West Virginia, near Snowshoe, as I downhill all summer and snowboard all winter. I would like to talk to anyone near there and get the scoop on what it's like. Thanks!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I can not speak to the fact if anyone here lives near SS, but you might want to contact the people at the bike park or make a trip there to check it out. I was never a big fan of having a national there, but the place is pretty cool to ride bikes...I always enjoyed myself there.

Search some of the threads for the guys that built the trails there, I 'think' one of the trail builders posted here some pics once.

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Try reposting your thread on the "Virginia and Surrounding Areas" forum.

Welcome to Ridemonkey! It's nice to see new people... especially other women in the sport...

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
i live at snowshoe year around!! stoneysnake,and t-pro live here as well. we love it! downhill is the reason we moved here! our program is growing by leaps and bounds! check out the site for info on what we're doing this year! the three of us build trail!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
stiksandstones said:
I can not speak to the fact if anyone here lives near SS, but you might want to contact the people at the bike park or make a trip there to check it out. I was never a big fan of having a national there, but the place is pretty cool to ride bikes...I always enjoyed myself there.

Search some of the threads for the guys that built the trails there, I 'think' one of the trail builders posted here some pics once.
Out of curiousity stick, what was it you didnt like about having the national there? The mud? This past year, the dirt conditions were dreamy :love: . I have never had that much fun on my bike as i did that weekend...

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
Banche are there any jobs up there that a sixteen year old could get and live up on the mountain at the same time?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Out of curiousity stick, what was it you didnt like about having the national there? The mud? This past year, the dirt conditions were dreamy :love: . I have never had that much fun on my bike as i did that weekend...
What? The weekend of the National?
You should have been there for the September race.
Sometimes I wake up smiling just thinking about it.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
I was there for the Mahem in the Mountains that was a AWSOME race. It was my first lol but i really wanna go back. I cant wait for Snowshoe to open!!

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
bballboy i'm not sure how old you have to be exactly if its 16 or 18. I worked at the MAC center as a sales asshole and bike mech last summer and made enough to survive living off the mountain in a decent house. Also got to ride my ass off all the time and enjoy the wonderful company of banche :p

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
manhattanprjkt83 said:
No, not at all (mud)...I think that mountain top, the trails, the friendly people, etc were all great. I just thought it was WAY too far away from any metro areas, was just a nuisance from a team management standpoint is all.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Agree with Stick and the drive there on the small country roads takes forever but when you are there its a great place including the upside down mountain thing.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
mobius said:
bballboy i'm not sure how old you have to be exactly if its 16 or 18. I worked at the MAC center as a sales asshole and bike mech last summer and made enough to survive living off the mountain in a decent house. Also got to ride my ass off all the time and enjoy the wonderful company of banche :p
Thanks i guess ill just have to call and ask.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Call get directed to the MAC center and ask for Ryan he's the man you want to talk to about a job in the shop. If you want trail crew, or other jobs in the program pm t-pro (Trevyn) about that.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
stiksandstones said:
No, not at all (mud)...I think that mountain top, the trails, the friendly people, etc were all great. I just thought it was WAY too far away from any metro areas, was just a nuisance from a team management standpoint is all.
Ok i totally agree, i hate driving there...totally sucks. But it is some of the best riding in the east...Guess i gotta put up with it (resort is really looking like it's on the ups)...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
stiksandstones said:
i can see that.

xgirrrrl

Chimp
May 10, 2002
Tahoe! , Baby!
Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
Try reposting your thread on the "Virginia and Surrounding Areas" forum.

Welcome to Ridemonkey! It's nice to see new people... especially other women in the sport...
Thank you! I fancy myself a pirate too.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
banche said:
i live at snowshoe year around!! stoneysnake,and t-pro live here as well. we love it! downhill is the reason we moved here! our program is growing by leaps and bounds! check out the site for info on what we're doing this year! the three of us build trail!
yeah! people at snowshoe like to use exclamation marks! it's very exciting! they like to yell alot also!

suzuki auto-mobile!