Quantcast

anyone on here play upright bass or own one?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
just curious, im lookin to trade my banjo ( washburn b-16) for a 3/4 upright.
thought i would look here first.

J

JRB

biggins said:

Shouldn't you try the backwoods bluegrass board??? ;)

J

JRB

biggins said:
is there one? lol. damn there i go fallin for locos snyde remarks again. :nope:

Dude - there are cell phone and tanning bed forums. Why wouldn't there be a backwoods bluegrass forum??? It'd be kind of cool chatting with Allison Kraus. :thumb:

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
biggins said:
I don't own a double bass ("upright" bass). I play cello though, and bass guitar. I can play some basic stuff on the upright. My wife teaches most stringed instruments.

You have any specific questions, feel free or PM if you want.

And BTW, my 2yo is already in love w/Allison.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
OH I forgot. Check out talkbass.com for all kinds of bass info. Pretty sure they have a double bass forum. Plenty o' backwoods bluegrass rep there.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
know anyone with a 3/4 upright they might now want that would be into trading for a banjo?

who isnt in love with allison krauss?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Fathead said:
OH I forgot. Check out talkbass.com for all kinds of bass info. Pretty sure they have a double bass forum. Plenty o' backwoods bluegrass rep there.

cool ill check that place out.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
biggins said:
know anyone with a 3/4 upright they might now want that would be into trading for a banjo?

who isnt in love with allison krauss?
You might keep your search local. Shipping a string bass makes shipping a bike look easy.

Talkbass has classifieds too.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Allison rules. Her voice makes me happy. But, what's up with the buzzkill that is Whisky Lullaby?

Good luck with finding a bass. I know a guy who teaches people to play bass and he has his students buy those made in wherever instruments of of Ebay to learn on.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I'm currently building an electric upright 5-string.........seriously. Been playing bass for many years, and decided to combine a few hobbies together, and build one up for the hell of it. Black walnut body, purpleheart fretboard, with a maple/purpleheart sandwich neck-----really sweet so far. I have most of the hardware figured out, but am having trouble deciding on electronics....there are so many different pickup manufacturers for this type application, it's hard to make a decision. I'm at work right now, but as soon as I'm off, I'll dig up the pics I have of it and post 'er up in the thread.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
danm that sounds pretty cool. im trying to keep it acoustic though. i would definately like to see some pics of it.