Quantcast

anyone racing fontucky this weekend?

snipes287

Chimp
Apr 6, 2003
Seattle, WA
just wondering who else will be there. I was also wondering if anyone raced last week and how it went.

Do you know if I need to regester prior to this weekend? and if so how? this will also be my first race so do I need to get a number plate or what? what all do I need to do?

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
I'll be there.

You don't need to pre-register, just show up. You can register on Saturday or before the race Sunday. Shuttle on Saturday is $8, unless you register, then it is $5. They will give you a number plate when you register. Cost to race is $35.

Hope to see you there. :)

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
I'm not sure. Is Downhill Freeride racing? I want to do a forward flip on the last drop if Kurt Voreis will be competing.

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
Orven said:
I'm not sure. Is Downhill Freeride racing? I want to do a forward flip on the last drop if Kurt Voreis will be competing.
Do I need to get my fork valved for Freeriding? I think Kirt will be a judge in the Downhill Freeride thing, so I expect to see the forward flip on the last drop. No pads for the freeride, those are Ghey.

I'll be at Fontana hopefully, just spectating. I can't ride or else my guts might fall out of my fresh incision :dead: :dead:

-ALF

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Alf, I think putting your fork on my other rig will be beneficial to your FR-valved fork. It will be more pedal efficient when you get it back... :p

tym, can I borrow your fork?? ---I have a buyer for you btw...

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
LOOnatic said:
Are they still doing the freestyle thing?
I thought the promoter cancelled that stuff due to insurance hassles.
They cancelled it bec not many Banshee owners are in SoCal.. The weight to strength ratio of the race bikes used in the DH FS event didn't look exciting for spectators. They wanted to see big bikes with spikes on top tubes or stem..and the full fronj effect. Competitors like Kurt Vories and such made the drops look easy and smooth. It ain't freestyle unless you fronj it oh and the front wheel pull ups too.. Loo, you are dearly missed!

TYM

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Torrance CA
Orven said:
tym, can I borrow your fork?? ---I have a buyer for you btw...
Sure you can borrow my fork

(borrow = you give me cash ... I give you the fork)

When you're done with it, you can give it to this buyer of yours.

By the way, the levers are on the way.

Stab Primo

Chimp
Oct 17, 2004
Capistrano Beach in the OC
Orven said:
They cancelled it bec not many Banshee owners are in SoCal.. The weight to strength ratio of the race bikes used in the DH FS event didn't look exciting for spectators. They wanted to see big bikes with spikes on top tubes or stem..and the full fronj effect. Competitors like Kurt Vories and such made the drops look easy and smooth. It ain't freestyle unless you fronj it oh and the front wheel pull ups too.. Loo, you are dearly missed!
Do heavy Banshee Morphines count? :D

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
TYM said:
Sure you can borrow my fork

(borrow = you give me cash ... I give you the fork)

When you're done with it, you can give it to this buyer of yours.

By the way, the levers are on the way.
Until the buyer has the $$$, I may have to bring the externally lubricated boxxer from the deep bowels of the dead for this weekend.. I'm too lazy to switch the Dorado from my Vampire. Come on up to fontucky...heather could use an ego boost by beating you down the mountain--ok hill.. :p

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
I went up there for a while this afternoon to do some riding... the dirt is super tacky with loads of grip. Fun times. Oh beware of the ruts though, the rains done a good number on some sections, especially the rock section after the road.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I will be there. You register the morning of the race and they give you a number plate. You can also become an SRC member and they give you a THE plate.

snipes287

Chimp
Apr 6, 2003
Seattle, WA
hey, whats everyone going to be riding? since I don't know any of ya maybe I can put a bike to the name this weekend.

Ill be on a silver beat to hell bighit with an 02 monster with no decals

Stab Primo

Chimp
Oct 17, 2004
Capistrano Beach in the OC
snipes287 said:
hey, whats everyone going to be riding? since I don't know any of ya maybe I can put a bike to the name this weekend.

Ill be on a silver beat to hell bighit with an 02 monster with no decals
I'll be on a black stab primo with shivers, but you'll spot my green calipers first though, haha. O ya, if you spot a kid on a orange m3, make sure to throw something at him :D .

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
I'll be there Sunday sporting a red DHR.

Also has anyone been at one of these races with the nascar race going on simultaneously? If so do you have recommendations for avoiding traffic?