Quantcast

Anyone Ridden Canfields ?

Playdeep

Chimp
Apr 18, 2004
St George, Utah
I live in St George Utah where the trails are rough and rock strewn and have plenty of downhill and drop opportunities but all require tons of climbing. I was planning on getting a Turner RFX (07 or 08) with 66 rc2 and roco coil but I am lately also considering a Canfield One for my all around bike for everything and occasional trips to Brianhead. If i dont go for it I might consider a Jedi for a freeride/dh bike to keep at my other house in Park City for hitting up Deer Valley or for taking to Northstar/Snowshoe or Whistler.
Can anyone tell me what the One rides like and climbs like? How stiff is it ? I have heard they can be built up pretty light and i would like to keep it under 34 but no more than 36. I would like to keep the weight down on the One at least since i am not heavy myself (165lbs) . I am also interested in any thoughts people have on the Jedi's also. Thanks.

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
There are only a few of those bikes and the Canfields have them.
Call Chris and talk to him but the One is a cool bike that can be ridden at DV or Gooseberry if you know what I mean.
I have a F1 and its been the best DH bike I have owned. If you are up in PC call Chris and take one of his bikes for a ride. They are out of Layton Utah.
VM

Playdeep

Chimp
Apr 18, 2004
St George, Utah
I havent ridden too many DH bikes since i usually ride All mountain and freeride. But i am becoming more and more interested in the Jedi and i wasnt even planning on getting a DH/FR bike since i was considering the One or an RFX for everything all around in the St George area. How do the Jedi's pedal and what does yours weigh out of curiousity (I am still very interested in the One but since i have to ask Chris about that I figured I could ask you about the Jedi so thanks.)

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
The Jedi is a full on World Cup Race bike so its good for the dh stuff not so good for sothing you want to ride up hill. Canfields are also going to be making a more fr version of the One called the Candigler but it will be much heavier than the One. The One is a 7lbs frame with the Air DHX5 on it.
Very cool but I have not got to ride one yet.
VM

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
The Jedi is a full on World Cup Race bike so its good for the dh stuff not so good for sothing you want to ride up hill. Canfields are also going to be making a more fr version of the One called the Candigler but it will be much heavier than the One. The One is a 7lbs frame with the Air DHX5 on it.
Very cool but I have not got to ride one yet.
VM
The CanDiggle will be about 1 lb heavier than the One. The one is 7lb with a Fox 5.0 air. The Diggle should be about 9lb with a coil, 8lb with a air 5.0.

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
I have a Balance. It weighs in around 34 lbs. and rides like a champ. Peddles everywhere I go. I'm sure their new whips handle the same if not better.

3Pin Rider

Chimp
Jul 13, 2007
PNW
According to the spec sheet the chainstays are 17.5" and the bottom bracket is at 14.6". Am I reading that right?

This seems to be a big change from the Lucky with 17" stays and a 14" bb. I was very close to getting a Lucky because the geometry looked so perfect for me. But, I figured I'd wait on the CanDiggle because of the lower frame weight. Now, I am thinking that the bikes are from each other in geometry.

Can anyone elaborate on this?

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
The chainstays on the Can-Diggle are 17.5" which really do feel as short as the 17.25" on the Luckys cause of the wheel path.
It helps to consider the wheel path and the chainstay length on sag.
Like the Jedi- at 16.25" rides only a .25" shorter through travel compared to a Sunday cause it sags to 17.39"
The Can-Diggle feels a bit shorter and sharper than the Lucky when ridden back to back.
Also, the BB height is 14.6 with a external headset and a 8" fork.
Use a internal for a lower BB.
The Lucky was designed as a race bike and the Can-Diggle is a FR/DH.
If you are looking for a race bike- nothing faster than the JEDI!!!!

3Pin Rider

Chimp
Jul 13, 2007
PNW
That makes sense. Thanks. I didn't take the wheel path or sag into consideration.

I'm in the market for a freeride bike and I don't want to make a purchase until I can throw a leg over the CanDiggle. Please let us know when you get the first ones in.

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
You should ride the one to check out how it feels.
It is the same frame with a lighter build.
I have been DHing the crap out of the one at it is rocking tough.
Hucked Mushroom on it this weekend.

TheMauler

Monkey
Sep 20, 2007
when are you guys gonna have some pics of the can can/can diggle or are those slated to be made etc in feb...