Quantcast

Anyone ride a SC Vp-Free?

fortfun19

Chimp
Oct 28, 2004
Fort Collins, CO
I am getting a Vp -free frame for hucking, FR, and DH. I am torn between a small and medium becuase of *flickability*. I am 5'11", 165. If anyone has a vp or has ridden one, please give me some feedback. Thanks.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I am about 6' 1/2" or so and I ride a medium, feels great with a 70 mm stem. A large with a shorter stem would fit ok too but I like smaller big bikes. If you are 5' 11" I would say go with the medium, the small will probably feel too cramped.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I'm 5'9" and ride a medium. A friend has a small and it seems too small for me.

Hey OGRipper - you going to Otter again? If you are, I'll see ya there.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Five said:
Hey OGRipper - you going to Otter again? If you are, I'll see ya there.
You bet man. Not sure if I'm gonna race again but I will definitely be there for most of the weekend, we'll have to connect. I'll be hitting Whistler at some point later in the summer too, like July or August. After two years of sloppy early June riding I am determined to ride the upper part of the mountain when it's dry.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
OGRipper said:
You bet man. Not sure if I'm gonna race again but I will definitely be there for most of the weekend, we'll have to connect. I'll be hitting Whistler at some point later in the summer too, like July or August. After two years of sloppy early June riding I am determined to ride the upper part of the mountain when it's dry.
Cool - I think I still have your #. I'm not racing the Free this time at Otter - way too much pedaling for that bike. I'm bringing the Blur 4X.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Five said:
Cool - I think I still have your #. I'm not racing the Free this time at Otter - way too much pedaling for that bike. I'm bringing the Blur 4X.
Sweet. Yeah my heckler was plenty of bike last year, the 4X will rock. I'l drop you a line as we get closer to the Otter.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
I'm 5'11 and ride a medium. The medium is plenty flickable, so long as you have a decent, relatively lightweight wheelset.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I am about 5'11", and I ride a medium with a 888. It is a tad too big with a 70mm integrated stem, but I plan on switching it to a 50mm stem and get flat crowns, lowering the steerer height.

fortfun19

Chimp
Oct 28, 2004
Fort Collins, CO
sanjuro said:
I am about 5'11", and I ride a medium with a 888. It is a tad too big with a 70mm integrated stem, but I plan on switching it to a 50mm stem and get flat crowns, lowering the steerer height.
I have a 888 i will be putting on it, do you recommend I get a small then?

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
you should get a medium. Make sure you get a fox dhx. I've recently switch to a dhx from a 5th and the difference is amazing. Also, if you get a 888 the flat crowns are a must.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I hucked a medium vp-free off some cliffs. And a large bullit. I also took a large v-10 off a 25 foot trail gap. And the thing is, my small bighit feels no smaller than any of these bikes. :rolleyes: I am 5'-9"!

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
ncrider said:
you should get a medium. Make sure you get a fox dhx. I've recently switch to a dhx from a 5th and the difference is amazing. Also, if you get a 888 the flat crowns are a must.
Or, if you're planning on doing mostly jumps and drops, consider the Roco. I have one on my Free and it is awesome.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
I am 5 ft. 10 @ 180lbs and I ride a med free and I can't say that I even ever sat on a small, but I can tell you that the med is a great fit for all the types of riding that I do